- Joined
- Feb 20, 2017
- Messages
- 860
- Reaction score
- 1,198
- Location
- Orland Park, IL
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
During my last road trip, I camped at Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada for a night. During the day the light was super harsh...and I didn't get a single photograph. I retreated to my campsite to prepare dinner. I noticed that some of the sandstone walls surrounding the campground were in shade--so I walked a couple of hundred yards to capture these abstracts.
The blue colors on the rocks seemed almost unbelievable. I later learned that the blue color results from desert varnish--a natural film made of clay minerals, manganese oxide, and iron oxide that gradually forms on rock surfaces in arid environments over thousands of years.
I know abstracts aren't everyone's cup of tea, but here are 8 pictures that I captured there:
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
I know that the EXIF information hasn't been showing consistently in my posts. Most of these were captured with the Nikon Z7ii and the Nikon 100-400 lens.
Thanks for looking...
Glenn
The blue colors on the rocks seemed almost unbelievable. I later learned that the blue color results from desert varnish--a natural film made of clay minerals, manganese oxide, and iron oxide that gradually forms on rock surfaces in arid environments over thousands of years.
I know abstracts aren't everyone's cup of tea, but here are 8 pictures that I captured there:
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
I know that the EXIF information hasn't been showing consistently in my posts. Most of these were captured with the Nikon Z7ii and the Nikon 100-400 lens.
Thanks for looking...
Glenn