Nature Pics - Feedback please!

shrutebucks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are two shots from a trip to the zoo a few months ago. I brightened up the lion in CS4 but I may have overdone it...don't know if it looks clownishly bright?

How would you improve these?

Thanks!

IMG_4044.JPG

Bright%20Lion.jpg

On 1, the background is pretty distracting. The neck of the flamingo blends with the body of the other. A different composition, maybe with just the foreground flamingo would look nice. Also, I'd make sure to put some deadspace in front of the bird, and not behind.

#2 isn't a bad shot. I might crop it so that there's deadspace in front of the lion (I have a theme going here, I guess), but that's about it.

Nice work, keep shooting and posting.

cool, thanks! do you think the edit job is too much, on the lion? like does the whole thing look unnaturally bright?

There not too bright on my screen, levels look good.
I agree with Gaerek about the flamingos. I like the water drops.
The lion looks weird but whatever. Why not get his whole body.

I agree with Gareak about the space in front of the lion and the flamingo (the direction it's looking).

The exposure and colors look good!

Brightness on #1 looks good on the Flamingos face. Now bear in mind, things can looks different on all of our monitors. If I pull the plug on this laptop the settings have the sceen dim a good amount. That being said I would try to decrease the contrast just a bit on the lion and see how you like it. Never save over your original and you can save your edits as version 1, 2 etc so you can compare and see what you really like. You did a nice job with the focus on the eyes of both shots.

On the first one, you should have composed this as a portrait format instead of a landscape format. As it is, you cropped the legs off. I'd like to see the whole Lion on the second shot too. The lighting is good on both.

great feedback guys, thanks. i agree, should have done a portrait of the flamingo and left space in front of him, not behind. the lion definitely got cropped too much. I have some more I took of the lion, maybe there's a better shot somewhere.

lvctrs: i do have the original saved, as well as a couple of other edits. i tried a B&W as well, but kinda liked how this one popped!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back