ND filter systems

Ok since these filters are not cheap as everyone knows. I am looking to get a grad ND along with the big stopper. What do you find more useful? Hard or soft? 2 or 3 stop? I see in the write up D-B-J your opinion is soft but didn't see which density you thought was most useful.

Definitely soft edged, as it's the more versatile of the two. I use both 2 and 3 often. 2 might be the most "versatile," but each situation is different. LEE sells a resin set of three for $260... At $108 a piece or whatever they are, it makes MUCH more sense to buy the set of three. Really. Truly. And then you will have 1,2,3,4,5, and 6 stops of GND ability, with stacking. Seriously, save an extra week and buy the three.

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok since these filters are not cheap as everyone knows. I am looking to get a grad ND along with the big stopper. What do you find more useful? Hard or soft? 2 or 3 stop? I see in the write up D-B-J your opinion is soft but didn't see which density you thought was most useful.

Definitely soft edged, as it's the more versatile of the two. I use both 2 and 3 often. 2 might be the most "versatile," but each situation is different. LEE sells a resin set of three for $260... At $108 a piece or whatever they are, it makes MUCH more sense to buy the set of three. Really. Truly. And then you will have 1,2,3,4,5, and 6 stops of GND ability, with stacking. Seriously, save an extra week and buy the three.

Jake

Thanks again! I will just wait and get that set. I didn't see the set initially because it is out of stock at BH. I will certainly get that when it comes in stock. I am sure the big stopper will be plenty to play with in the meantime.

Jake

Thanks again! I will just wait and get that set. I didn't see the set initially because it is out of stock at BH. I will certainly get that when it comes in stock. I am sure the big stopper will be plenty to play with in the meantime.

Oh it will. It's a lot of fun to use.

I need to find an inexpensive (but durable) Lee type setup that Lee filters will fit into.
Any recommendations ?

I need to find an inexpensive (but durable) Lee type setup that Lee filters will fit into.
Any recommendations ?
What's wrong with the Lee? It's not that more expensive then the Cokin.
The Lee is $88.00 and the Cokin Z is $78.00.
The Lee is $10.00 more but once you start looking at the price of the adapter rings the Lee's are cheaper than the Cokin
Lee Filters FK Foundation kit 4x4 Graduated Holders and Lee FK adapter rings
Cokin Z Pro 4x4 Holder and Cokin Z Pro Filters at 2filter

Ordered the big stopper and holder today. I can't wait!

Astro, maybe the cokin P, but I am not sure. Inexpensive and durable is kinda an oxymoron though...

Ordered the big stopper and holder today. I can't wait!

Astro, maybe the cokin P, but I am not sure. Inexpensive and durable is kinda an oxymoron though...

Best of luck! Do a few test shots and be mindful of the histogram... Not all ND's of that intensity are perfectly ten. It may be up to a stop different.. 9-11.. So do tests, don't just assume it's a perfect ten!

Jake

Can't wait to play with it. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• $image-342750767.jpg
    $image-342750767.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 79
Can't wait to play with it. Thanks for the help.

Sticker on front, and I used packing tape to attach the card. That way I never lose it.

gy9utabu.jpg

3y6uje3a.jpg

Jake

Most reactions

Back