Near Adler Planetarium

KevRev123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.omgsquirrel.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When you visit Chicago skip the stupid Cloud Gate" aka Bean and go to where the real pros go, Man with Fish Statue at the Shedd Aquarium THEN go to the Adler Planetarium.

Probably the best spot on land to get a good shot of the city.

Today was the first day in a week or so where it wasn't god awful humid. Just the prefect day to be downtown in the city and I decided to camp at the Adler Planetarium for the Fireworks at Navy Pier across the lake.

It's the best place to see them since most people don't travel all the way out there and you get an unobstructed view.

For whatever reason the Seagulls decided to chill with me!

To many to C&C each one.

In #1 the waterline is not level and most of the background is over exposed, which makes the haze more visible.
I would suggest cropping some off the top so the sky/cityscape ratio is not so close to 50/50. After all, the sky has little detail worth looking at.

I prefer the camera perspective of #1 over the camera perspective in #2.

If you don't already have one, get a quality Circular Polarizing (CPL) filter for making landscape shots. Graduated Neutral Density (GND) filters are also very usefull for doing landscape shots.

A CPL will saturate the sky (actually blues and greens), cut haze somewhat, and reduce specular reflections. GND's can reduce the exposure of just part of a scene.

I would show you an edit of #1 with a GND effect added, but you have chosen - My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back