Neat old Jeep

Doug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was at work the other day and had my camera with me. These were taken with avalible light (no flash). Minolta 50mm 1.4 Lens 7D camera.

Jeep02.jpg

Jeep03.jpg

Jeep01.jpg

I love number 3. These are some great pics and im not just saying that b/c im a Jeeper :)

Hi Gomexz,
Thanks for the compliment, it's a 1951 M38, I'm doing a little work to it. It's been sitting for about 3 years and the fuel has gone bad, Very Bad.

I was shooting with availble light and no flash. I guess the antishake built into the Minolta 7D really works.

I think I like number two the best, nice shots.

Thanks meganc,
I'm glad you like them. I'm just a beginner trying some new techniques. I didn't want to use the built in flash because I thought it would be too much light. As it was I set the camera to f1.4 and let the shutter speed adjust itself.

I would LOVE the magentas more saturated. But it is totally personal.

Lau, I tried bumping up the saturation, if I go too far it becomes pixilated. Cool Land Rover.

Jeep03A.jpg

I was liking #1 until I saw #3. My Grandfather had an old Willys we used to ride around on the farm.

IMO, I prefer the original rather than the boosted saturation of #2.

There's nothing like the old Jeeps, I like any type of old off road vehicles. Something about all the manual levers and gear noise, they seem to just keep going and going. I can't wait to get this thing running.

I agree with the saturation but I thought I'd give it a try.

I hope that you like it :) I love the colors hidden in there :mrgreen:

Thanks Lau,

I gave it a try and your right there are a lot of hidden colors. I guess that is why I want to try HDR and I also like experimenting in Photoshop.

Hi Gomexz,
Thanks for the compliment, it's a 1951 M38, I'm doing a little work to it. It's been sitting for about 3 years and the fuel has gone bad, Very Bad.

I was shooting with availble light and no flash. I guess the antishake built into the Minolta 7D really works.

Hey Doug - I own a 45 Willys MB ... with the very limited pictures, that jeep looks to me like an MB with a M38 windshield and civilian grill. I'm sure you know your jeep better than anyone - but as I'm sure you're aware - these things were commonly mutilated, and the one thing that I know for sure is you never know anything until you run the frame and the body serial#'s

Most reactions

New Topics

Back