Neck strap alternatives

Black Rapid. I can carry my camera without taking pain pills for my back. The strap takes all the pressure off the back of my neck and distributes in. Plus it makes make camera so much easier to swing into action and keeps it on my side better protected than if it were hanging in the middle of my chest. My back doctor actually recommended this strap to help with the pain of long days in the rigging.

I'm surprised its not been suggested yet, but moved from the original canon strap (horrid thing) to the OPtech Pro strap and what a difference it makes!

Pro & Pro Loop Strap | Demo Page

The padded strap really makes it possible to wear the strap with a camera around your neck without it digging into your skin (the old canon one I would only ever use with a very thick and highnecked jumper). The clips are also male to female on the main strap and the clip connectors - so you can easily remove the main body of the strap and clip the other parts together so they don't flap around. Being removable is great if you go to work on a tripod since you no longer have that strap hanging there and getting in the way.

I also combine this setup with using one of these from canon:

Canon STRAPE1 Wrist strap: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

fits had hand well and helps since you can let the camera hang on your arm without worries as you walk around. Also you don't have to slip your hand through the strap every time you want to use it - my hands are not big and I can still slip my hand right over the strap and get a good grip on the camera when needed - great for moving to take a fast shot or when wearing gloves. You do need a battery grip though for the handstrap to attach to

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Trust? Black Rapid? :lol:

I've read more horror stories about that POS than any other camera strap. Even their 'new and improved' design has bad reviews.

My preferred method is carrying it naked, and if need be I put it in the case when I need to. I've also used an $8 Opteka hand strap with excellent results.

That AH-4 has been on my list of things to try for quite some time but after using the Opteka for a while I just got used to hanging onto my camera.

D300s w/70-200 lens attached.

One added benefit is there is nothing dangling in my face or anywhere else.

I have the Mzungu strap and I like it. It easily supports a D90 w/grip and 80-200 f/2.8 attached. Although to be honest I've been going without a strap lately.

Another big :thumbsup: for the R-Strap!

I've had two spinal surgeries. The first at L5/S1 and the second at C4/C5. Because of this I couldn't stand wearing neck straps around my neck. I would shoulder it. The R-Strap is a godsend for comfort and weight distribution. I know that Black Rapids has the dual strap, but I don't think it's for me. When I'm double fisting it, the second body is usually the D300 with the 70-200mm on a monopod.

doublefistingD300D700-4.jpg
doublefistingD300D700-5.jpg

of course, sometimes I use the 300mm with 1.7TC. :D

Thought I replied to this... Musta been a thread just like it...

Anyway, I'm another Mzungu strap user, and like it very much. Simple, straightforward, reliable, inexpensive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back