Need a flash for my D80

tmckee1691

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking for something that is better then the on camera flash but not looking to go with something as expensive as a SB600 or SB800. I shoot a D80 and am wondering if the SB28DX, or SB28 would be good enough for portrait and general photography? I realize that the SB600 or SB800 is the way to go but I do not use a flash very often at all and I would rather save the money for a new lens. Any advice is helpful.

You can always go with a third party speedflash. I have a Sunpak PF30XN which has the ability to tilt the flash head 180 degrees, which is pretty useful to bounce light. I got my flash for less than $100.

I am looking for something that is better then the on camera flash but not looking to go with something as expensive as a SB600 or SB800. I shoot a D80 and am wondering if the SB28DX, or SB28 would be good enough for portrait and general photography? I realize that the SB600 or SB800 is the way to go but I do not use a flash very often at all and I would rather save the money for a new lens. Any advice is helpful.
The SB-28 is still a very good flash to shoot with. Even the SB-26 isn't bad to use. Just don't point the flash directly at your subject.

Flash Photography Techniques

Bouncing Flash

dg28 photographer education: techniques

thank you for the replies. I am looking for a flash that will rotate up and down and side to side so I am thinking the SB28DX is going to fit the bill. If by any means someone knows of a better flash for the money please let me know I am no where near dead set on this flash.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back