Need a new printer!! Advise me please!

My personal opinion is go with epson.
Reason is this:
I buy all of my carts for my Epson C84 online, After market(not "genuine" Epson) for a fraction of the cost of "genuine" epson carts.
For Example: Hi Capacity Genuine Espon Black Cart: $34.99
Supermediastore.com Hi Capacity Aftermarket Black Cart: 4.95.

Print quality is the same as Epson.

Printer has NEVER broken down (had it for about 2 1/2 yrs)

Want photo printer go with the R300 series (6 individual carts) In the states it costs under 200 bucks.

i don't know if i converted correctly, but the link below is for the epson stylus photo R1800.

however, before taxes its $549.99. in british pounds thats like right at $300 british pounds right?

anyways, the school i'm at has a few of the 2200 and a 6600. the 2200 meets my needs USUALLY, sometimes there are weired artifacts at 13"x19" that i can only explain as . . . weired reflections off of an almost black ink, however the R1800 has the two black inks, where i think with some of the more expensive ones you can get a black, light black, light light black, and light light light black in addition to the greys etc. however i was even happy with what the 2200 did in black and white.

the inks are only pigment based i believe, so its like a cocktail of pigments and dye, so you still get good saturation, and good longevity.

at any rate i would buy epson.

I have the R1800, great for photos and presentation materials.very very bad for the other stuff. Way to much $ to use it for office stuff, its like $100 for all the ink.

I also use an Epson R220 Photo Printer. I love it!!!! The cost was $99. I couldn't of asked for a better printer!!!! It is very important that you print on quality photo paper because if you don't then your just wasting your ink.

I used to use an R300 and thought it produce decnt photos, BW did not always come out great but color photos were very good. If your willing to spend in the $500-600 USD range I would definately suggest the R1800 which is what I currently use. Being 13 inches wide it gives you a good range of print size and with its high quality inks and papers you can produce high quality prints suitable for selling. I find using Epson enhanced matte is perfect for framed photos or even for putting in a plastic sleeve. The luster paper is very nice as well but cost nearly double. The ink is expensive and will cost you about $110 USDs for all 8 cartirges but you can get a decent amount of photos from a full set, I find the blue and red last the longest so you rarely have to go buy all 8 at once. also because it has a matte black if your printeing on matte paper you will not have to spend the extra money on the other black or for that matter the gloos cartrige so your really only lookig at $84 or so for usable inks. The roll setting on this printer works great as well, I have not used other printers with roll adapters but I have read the can sometimes jam up, I have not experienced this with the r1800

Most reactions

New Topics

Back