Need advice on camera tethering for a wedding shoot.

lightscibe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi guys, need advice. i am shooting a weddding and the couple want images projected on screens around the hall as soon as they are being shot straight from the camera. I might be using my nikon (D70, D100 & D60) systems or canon ( 1MK II ds, 1000D). Set up & equipment info please.:(

Shoot with a wifi SD card (Eye-fi) that transmits back to your laptop. If your camera is CF based, you can get an adapter from synchrotech for about $30.

This does not sound good to me.

Photos are rarely at their best straight out of the camera so I wouldn't want to be showing them that way to a bunch of people who most probably don't understand that simple little fact.

I would find an excuse to not do this. Such as "I can't trail a 100 ft cord behind the camera. It would be dangerous for your guests and for my equipment."

I'd be reluctant to do this...

I wouldn't want to be at a wedding where this was being done. Cords attached to cameras running along floor, possibly more than 1 of them, possibly moving combined with women wearing long dresses and heels + alcohol. I see falls and possible injuries. Who's insurance would cover accidents to people and damage to your equipment?

Plus, why would the guests be looking at the screen while 'the real thing' is happening right in front of them?

Plus, why would the guests be looking at the screen while 'the real thing' is happening right in front of them?

Dude--it ain't "real" any more until you can see it on your smart phone, your laptop, or the web...I mean, with today's younger generation unless something, anything, is available on a video screen or mobile device, it's simply of no interest...why watch 'the real thing' when you could view it as 160x120 pixels in low-rez????????

I've done something similar but there was a 3 hour gap between reception and ceremony, giving me time to do a quick selection and put up a small digital photo frame with only the best out of the camera shots from the ceremony at the reception.

People thought it was neat but in reality there was no editing, and the result looked crap on the tiny little picture frame.

Would I shoot live? Hell no.

hi guys, need advice. i am shooting a weddding and the couple want images projected on screens around the hall as soon as they are being shot straight from the camera. I might be using my nikon (D70, D100 & D60) systems or canon ( 1MK II ds, 1000D). Set up & equipment info please.:(

Who in their right mind would ask for this, and who in their right mind would consider doing this?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back