What's new

need advice on consumer zoom lenses please.

Moodyville-ain

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 1, 2009
Messages
178
Reaction score
0
Location
Port Moody
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If I could afford more I would be but I can't so these are my options.

Used; Canon ef 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 USM $210

New; Sigma 70-300 f/4 - 5.6 AF DG macro $220 seen on C'slist $175

New; Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM $300 seen on craigslist for $200


None are IS so what I'm really looking for is image quality. Which of these is going to be the best? They are all pretty much the same aperture. I'll be using a tripod at longer lengths anyways. I'm on a budget so these are my options. None will be fast so in terms of quality I'm looking for sharpness contrast and color representation.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom