What's new

Need Critiques

  • Thread Starter Thread Starter laurenvictoria
  • Start date Start date
I get bored looking at the back of people's heads.
 
It's interesting, but I'm annoyed that I dont know what they' re doing if they are even doing anything.
 
I can't place it either, but I feel like WB is off towards the cooler side. Did you shoot these film and then process them?
 
I feel like more than just the back of the woman should be in focus, may be able to tell whats going on better.
 
yea maybe if more was in focus. and i enhanced the colors in light room a tiny bit. I purposely made it on the cooler side:)
 
What was your intent with this image? Did you have something in mind that you are trying to convey to the viewers?
 
No to be honest I was out with my friends and had my camera with me and as I was sitting on the top of a ladder I figured it would be a nice shot.
 
Colors are pretty unnatural. Look at just the man in the background, his skin is nearly purple. The foreground girl's skin color is more natural looking.

Expired film, I speculate? Or maybe a really bad scan? Was this tungsten balanced slide film shot under fluorescent, or vice versa?

Take out some blue and some red in the color balance, and desaturate a little to more normal levels, and the girl is revealed to be slightly olive skinned.

$foo.webp

I think it's a kind of interesting shot. There's some good geometry in there, with the two heads tilted and the upraised arm, all echoing the same line. There's a mystery to what they're doing. She appears naked. You could imagine some ritual here. I'm not sure fixing the white balance makes the image any better or worse, but it does look more "natural" for whatever that's worth.
 
Thanks! The colors sort of came out like when I developed it and I enhanced them in lightroom because I thought the photo looked less interesting when the colors looked more natural.If that makes any sense haha Im always drawn to photos with kind of off colors.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom