Need help choosing a dslr camera

My 70D takes superior shots to my Fuji X-E2,
Unless you talk about autofocus performance, I am confused as why you would claim the 70D would be superior to the Fujifilm X system. Fujifilm, as the name says, is a film producer and knows a lot about colors. They are also one of the best optics companies out there.
In regards to how it handles low light, sports, etc. Just my experience that I get more out of the RAW files from the 70D than the X-E2 on these type of shots. Most of what I'm shooting is perfect for the X-E2 though. Keep in mind, the XT2 or X-Pro2 are superior to my X-E2 with these items and likely handle those tasks just fine. I wouldn't say the X-e2 is equal to or superior to the 70D in regards to all around abilities. Then again, the best camera is the one you are going to have with you and use...

A DSLR really can't outperform a Fuji X-E2 because of the mirror. The Fuji FX lenses don't need to compensate for the mirror in their design. I've been startled by the image quality of Fuji X cameras. I get better images than I've seen from a full frame DSLR. I truly believe the DSLR is near the end of its life cycle. It hangs on because of tradition, not performance.

who knew the elimination of the 'reflex' mirror in cameras could make them so great !!
go figger!
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless[/QUOTE]

As I said to Solarflare, look up retrofocus lens design.

You may want to look up retrofocus design which is a compensation for the mirror. Mirrorless cameras can design lenses without it. That is why Leica wide angles have always been spectacular performers.
Aha ! So now its only wide angle lenses, not all lenses anymore. And its not the mirror, its the distance between lens and sensor, aka flange distance.

Thats actually true about Leica, BUT Leica also cannot use Sony sensors in their digital Leica M, exactly for that reason. Also Sony full frame mirrorless cannot use wide angle Leica M lenses exactly for that reason. In short - Sony sensors cannot handle the steep angles from wide angle Leica M glas !

Fuji on the other hand uses Sony sensors, too. Everybody uses Sony sensors, actually. Except Canon und Leica, and Canon just insists on doing sensors themselves, without having any of the technology Leica developed. Which means they all have to use retrofocus for wide angle, too. All except Leica.

Which means nobody but Leica actually has the advantage you talk about.

Thats by the way also why Leica nearly went bankrupt when digital photography really started taking off. Until they had the technology to handle these steep angles from their glas.

And its also only for wide angle lenses and its not such a big deal after all, apparently. Again, if it was as easy as you think, DSLRs would probably have died off quickly, due to such a big disadvantage in image quality. Right ? But theres really plenty of brilliant wide angle lenses for my Nikon.

Fujifilm glas is good because Fujifilm is great at making lenses. Thats it. Thats all.

And Leica glas is better than everybody elses, yes. Its also much more expensive than everybody elses. Which is the main reason why Leica glas is better at any focal length. Well actually Zeiss and Voigtländer are doing extremely good lenses for Leica M as well. But guess what - you can also get Zeiss and Voigtländer glas for DSLR. And you can modify Leica R glas to be used on your DSLR ! So you can have all that juicy Leica quality on a Canon or Nikon camera, if you are willing to spend the pennies necessary, because even if the Leica R mount is dead, that glas surely still is super expensive.

My 70D takes superior shots to my Fuji X-E2,
Unless you talk about autofocus performance, I am confused as why you would claim the 70D would be superior to the Fujifilm X system. Fujifilm, as the name says, is a film producer and knows a lot about colors. They are also one of the best optics companies out there.
In regards to how it handles low light, sports, etc. Just my experience that I get more out of the RAW files from the 70D than the X-E2 on these type of shots. Most of what I'm shooting is perfect for the X-E2 though. Keep in mind, the XT2 or X-Pro2 are superior to my X-E2 with these items and likely handle those tasks just fine. I wouldn't say the X-e2 is equal to or superior to the 70D in regards to all around abilities. Then again, the best camera is the one you are going to have with you and use...

A DSLR really can't outperform a Fuji X-E2 because of the mirror. The Fuji FX lenses don't need to compensate for the mirror in their design. I've been startled by the image quality of Fuji X cameras. I get better images than I've seen from a full frame DSLR. I truly believe the DSLR is near the end of its life cycle. It hangs on because of tradition, not performance.

who knew the elimination of the 'reflex' mirror in cameras could make them so great !!
go figger!
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless[/QUOTE]
Auto focus is STILL better on top line DSLR!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back