Need help choosing a lens (noob)

LittleBlue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello guys! I have a camera that was given to me a couple years ago. It was a Nikon d3100 with the 55mm nikkor lens.
I usually love to take pictures of things outdoors, such as wildlife,cars,buildings,events.etc.
I was wondering what would be a nice little upgrade from the lens I am using right now. That would benefit me when taking these outdoor shots?
Now I am not looking for anything on a pro level, any kind of hints or tips would be awesome.

Thanks alot! :D

Hello guys! I have a camera that was given to me a couple years ago. It was a Nikon d3100 with the 55mm nikkor lens.
I usually love to take pictures of things outdoors, such as wildlife,cars,buildings,events.etc.
I was wondering what would be a nice little upgrade from the lens I am using right now. That would benefit me when taking these outdoor shots?
Now I am not looking for anything on a pro level, any kind of hints or tips would be awesome.

Thanks alot! :D

You mean you have the 18-55 kit lens? If so get the 70-300 for about 400 bucks. The 18-55 will be fine for landscapes, cityscapes and building and the 70-300 will be great for wildlife, portraits, and anything else you need more reach for.

Most reactions

Back