Need help finding the right Mirrorless camera...

Thank you Gary and Derrel - the Fuji was not on the radar for me, so will check this camera out. Probably will have a bunch of questions after... and then I'll be back.

Gary, do you have personal experience with the X1 Pro? What do you like about it? What are the negatives? Thank you again for taking the time to look at this.

No i don't but i have seen some massive prints from it and they were very very good they are calling it the poor mans M9, this pro photographer only uses the Fuji X1 pro Damien Lovegrove Photographer | Lovegrove Photography

update to the thread: After looking at the various cameras (specs, stores), and weighing the costs/benefits, my daughter ended up with a Canon G15. It's small enough that she can take it travelling, it has a viewfinder, the AF is pretty fast, it shoots in RAW+jpeg, and it cost under $450. Daughter loves the image quality, and there's enough manual control that she can get into learning about the exposure triangle, focus placement, different metering modes, post-processing (with the RAW), and so forth. She's visiting a sister on the west coast so lots of picture-taking potential. We'll know in a month or so whether this was just right, too little, or too much. Thanks to all for help, suggestions, comments, and friendly advice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back