Need help identifying the photographer

JustSnappit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi everyone.

Just a total newbie to the forum. I do both B&W photography and development and digital photography.

But that aside I have a HUGE problem and I am not quite sure which area of the forum to post my question.

So I am hoping anyone here might help with me with that.

Today at a thrift store I saw a framed photo hidden behind a bunch of old paintings.

I pulled it out and immediately noticed - I think it is called gallery or museum framing - you know nice offset matte with black frame. It is a very nice black and white photo of Osaka Castle.

The back is covered nicely in brown paper - so no way to open without ruining what is written on the back - it stamped with ink design and actually looks like a Coast Salish Eagle. In pencil by hand it is numbered 3/10 and also dated 1998. The front is signed by the artist on the matte.

Well....NO ONE can read the darn signature!

I want to hang the photo but I really need to know who the photographer is and for my life can’t figure out how to get this information.

I think it is possible the first name is Jason, and the last name is Glen, but I can’t be sure and that is only a guess.

My question is - does anyhow here know a way for me to find out who this photographer is?

I guess if needed I could post a photo of the print here if that might help?

Thanks!

Is it likely that the photographer is local to your area? I'm wondering if that could be the case since the photo ended up at Goodwill. Maybe try places in your area like any local camera club, local community art center, etc. Someone that is familiar with photographers in your local art community might recognize it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back