Need help indentify moon photos

WillygLounge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
willyglounge.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Currently I'm editing photos of the moon for my next release. I wanted to know if someone understand astronomy well? I would need up to 16 pictures to be identify. I'm still in the process editing but I will have the photos ready shortly.

Thanks,

William Grant

What is your question? Your message leaves a lot of questions as to what you need and what you are trying to do.

Currently I'm editing photos of the moon for my next release.

That implies that you already have photos, and that you're processing them in some way. What does "next release" refer to?

I wanted to know if someone understand astronomy well?

Yes, there are a few on this forum who know astronomy quite well.

I would need up to 16 pictures to be identify

That is confusing - if you already have pictures, what are you trying to identify? Surely, it's only Earth's moon that we are talking here?

I'm still in the process editing but I will have the photos ready shortly.

So you do have the photos... and it is still not clear what you are trying to identify. Individual features on the moon? Moon phases? Some other aspect?

If you have 16 photos of the moon, then I would think you have 16 photos of the moon.

^^^ as stated above .. your post is confusing.

If you're trying to identify features on the moon, there are all sorts of great places to start online, including this:

Google Moon

The 'next release' is for the OP's blog

Next Story
Showing rich details of the moon with pictures and HD video
English may not be the OP's first language.
Apparently the OP is in Canada, and the first photo in the blog needs to have the horizon leveled.
Google Moon or a map of the moon will help the OP identify the moon photos the OP has.

Sorry for trying to confuse everyone. Note I have an language base learning disability. I will try again to explain myself. I have taken pictures of the moon at various moon phases. One moon phase I taken was a moon halo. I don't understand astronomy very well. However, when I label my pictures on my website, I want to label them correctly. This is my reason for asking for help. I hope this make sense.

The 'next release' is for the OP's blog

Next Story
Showing rich details of the moon with pictures and HD video
English may not be the OP's first language.
Apparently the OP is in Canada, and the first photo in the blog needs to have the horizon leveled.
Google Moon or a map of the moon will help the OP identify the moon photos the OP has.

Thank you for trying to clarify my question for me.

Thank you for letting me know to have my photo on the home page leveled. After reading your comment I notice some of my other pictures have the same issues. I will use Adobe Lightroom to fix the issue.

you can google "moon phases" to understand the various phases of the moon. Such as:
About the Moon Phase Calculator

If you know the dates that you took the photos then you can search for a moon calendar, such as (from the above site)
Moon phases for Austin, U.S.A. - Texas in year 2014

I also have an iPhone app for the Moon, planets & general sky viewing.

Thank you for sharing the links. I do set the date and time with all my photos.

My reason to asking for help was to save some time. I have one friend recommended me to go to my local library to see if I can get some help. Long term, I would like to connect with people interested in identify pictures on various topics. Plants, animals and etc. For pictures I host on my website, I like to be as descriptive as possible.

Most reactions

Back