need help on view finder stuff

tranthe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Skater styles were not hotter, along with increase in the low-profile, vulcanized look means growing figures of individuals trying to find, buying, putting on and researching this program in shops . , a San Fran-based e-commerce solutions company, tracks how frequently ofInternet keywords to look at how brands wax and wane in recognition - furthermore to, since a year ago, skate searches established yourself. How To Choose Buy The Best Right Skateboards For You

Brand Volume Of Searches

Vans

The Santa Fe Springs, Calif.-based company has switched within the blockbuster year. Not just wouldn't it are actually Footwear News' type of year, nonetheless it did underneath half a billion dollars operating a company around 2006. The skate behemoth is ongoing to ride excellent within the limited-edition Vault styles, that's high-profile collaboration with Marc Jacobs. And, for spring '07, Vans will probably be launching men's surf styles.

Electricity

Vista, Calif.-based Electricity (it's dropped the Footwear) is keeping sneakerheads salivating getting its Artist Projects line. Recently, the business released footwear with Methamphibian, the famous New You'll be able to School of Visual Arts-trained sneaker artist, including two limited-edition makeups: 48 pairs inside the yellow-and-black version for Hawaii's In4mation, along with same amount edition for Los Angeles' Brooklyn Projects.

Etnies

The flagship type of Lake Forest, Calif.-based Sole Technology, Etnies is launching its first mind-to-feet selection of apparel, accessories and footwear for women and men this spring. Also looking for every spring launch is Seed, a clothing and footwear collection created from sustainable and recyclable materials. But Seed is not just created from the most effective stuff Body percent within the proceeds will probably be donated to ecological organizations the organization believes will "plant the seeds" (have it?) money for hard occasions of "action sports, humanity along with world.In .

Nike Senate bill

It does not dominate the skate category in quite exactly the same it dominates other running footwear areas, but Nike Skateboarding isn't any slouch, either. This Thursday through Sunday, it's sponsoring both Amateur and Pro competitions inside the Skatepark of Tampa's 14th anniversary celebration in Tampa, Fla. If you are in the region Friday night, mind over to look at Nirvana precursors Dinosaur Junior., who headline the party -and switch capture the reveal inside the limited-edition Dinosaur Junior. Dunk High shoe.

Adio

Performance footwear brand Adio backed the Rock Adio tour this fall and created a type of footwear by La artist Fawn Gehweiler whose proceeds benefit breast cancers awareness nonprofit Have A Very Breast. What Size Skateboard Should I Get For A My Child 3 5 6 8 9 Year Old

Furthermore, it make fleeces, bags, headgear, T-shirts and jeans. But executives haven't forgotten footwear, either, producing women's and men's footwear and sandals. (Adio also produced footwear with Bam Margera, so even Jackasses have Adio footwear within the.

Zoo You'll be able to

The idea was created within the late '70s, each time a motley crew of skateboards and graffiti artists calling themselves "The Soul Artists of Zoo It will be possible toInch left their mark on Manhattan. Several evolutions later, in 1993, the Zoo You'll be able to brand premiered. But while apparel and accessories inspired while using the skate legacy within the Zoo You'll be able to crew have been in existence, for holiday '06, the organization (now of Skechers) released a type of casual and skate footwear.

Emerica

The 2nd of Sole Technology's brands to actually make list, Emerica's core skate offering switched ten years old last, along with lines are constantly supply numerous padding options, catering for that skaters who would like to provide you with the board and people wishing somewhat cushioning. Spring looks inside the brand fall squarely for that traditional vulcanized sphere, natch, but Emerica is trembling some misconception somewhat style-wise while using the Ridgemont and Laced laceless styles and funky patterns and colorways.

DVS
chaz-ortiz-gatorade-go-all-day-460x306.jpg

Torrance, Calif.-based DVS takes products a step further while using the launch around '07 Luxe line, that can take the brand's slip-on and lace-up silhouettes and redoes these questions mixture of, aptly, luxurious fabrics, including suedes, woven fabrics and Italian leather. The organization surpasses to market the not necessarily luxe skate lifestyle too, producing podcasts and sponsoring a company. Additionally, it provides skate footwear in toddler sizes - ideal for fixing the tastes of generation x.

Globe

The El Segundo, Calif.-based brand supplies a full-type of footwear for guys, furthermore to kids, additionally to hoodies, T-shirts, jeans and accessories. It counts incorporated inside the team Canadian pro skater Chris Haslam who must be seeing result-oriented prominence this season: although details weren't forthcoming, it appears as though Haslam together with crazy street skating style will probably be featured on EA Games' 2007 nex-gen console release "Skate."

C1rca

Its roots were in snowboarding (via parent company Four Star Distribution), in 2004 Four Star offered off its non-skateboarding characteristics that's now totally dedicated to the skate market, even giving C1rca the motto, "Focused on Skateboarding." The San Clemente, Calif.-based brand offers apparel and footwear, The Top Best Skateboards For Beginners Reviews 2017 including its three-style Combat Division line. It will be launching C1rca Select at MAGIC, so keep tuned in.

Source: Stylephane.com, an e-commerce solutions company located in San Fran. Data represents how frequently the company name (or perhaps the organization together with word footwear, when the brand has multiple meanings) seems just like a search phrase in primary Google in November 2006.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I myself use the gridline only to get the horizon straight (if I don´t have no bubblelevel,...). I use the rule of thirds (or I like to rather use the golden ratio 1:1,618) by eyeballing (dividing the image into thirds can easily be done without grids) and how I think the image looks best.
There is also more to an image than just the ratio.
For example the direction in which the main subject is looking or facing, or if your customer (if you shoot the image for a customer) wants to add some text into the image. So the rule of thirds is a guideline, but you can´t use it for every single shot.

I eyeball it, but I agree, it's only one way you can compose an image. It takes learning more about composition and how to achieve good balance of shape, color, line, etc. etc. in your images. To learn more about that try searching 'elements of composition in art' and that should bring up sites with resources.

It also takes noticing and 'seeing' everything in the viewfinder before you release the shutter. Is everything in the viewfinder part of the image? should it all be in the frame or any of it left out of the frame? Is there balance to what you're seeing? What if you move around, change your vantage point, how does that change what you're seeing?

I use grids

Using grids will encourage you to accurately place things exactly on the thirds. This, in turn, will produce formulaic, sterile pictures. It is better to compose the picture so that it looks good and sod the thirds.

You may want to pick up a book such as "The Photographer's Eye" by Michael Freeman (subtitle is "Composition and Design for Better Digital Photos")

"rules" are probably more properly called "guidelines" because usually when you follow the guideline the result looks better than when you don't follow the guideline. But there are lots of exceptions (hence the term "usually" and not the term "always").

One of the reasons that "rule of thirds" works is because it frames an image in a way that the eye doesn't actually expect. In your vision, when you "look" at something, you tend to center it. When the subject is de-centered, it cause the eye to look around and take in more of the scene than it would if the subject were centered. But occasionally the image has something to do with symmetry and in those cases you would want the subject centered.

The 1/3rd placement doesn't need to be precise.

There are lots of compositional techniques other than the rule of thirds... composition based on colors, composition based on light & contrast, composition based on angles, pattern, or rhythm, composition based on texture or contrasting textures, composition based on frames within frames... the list goes on.

Rather than focus on just the rule of thirds (although it is a good guideline) you may want to pick up a book on composition (I mentioned the book above as an example) and hopefully open the world of possibilities.

Reactions: KmH
After some time with photography your "eye" just sees what looks right. The RULE of thirds is really a suggestion of good points to consider placing your main subject. It just looks like the right spot.
Sometimes you simply reject that point and choose another way to do it.

I have the grid lines turned on for horizon and verticals. Nor do they bother me being there. So, I leave them on all the time.

I use grid lines more to check my horizon than for The Rule. In photography, when all else fails, follow the rules. The rules are there for a generally nice/good/pleasant picture. Breaking the rules will give you less "Keepers", but he keepers you capture will/may be more successful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back