NEED HELP! - picture.com Photo Entry

canonrob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I entered a photo on picture.com and I recieved a letter in the mail today saying that I was in the semi-finals. Does anyone know how legit this is, or does everyone who enters this contest receive this letter? I guess my picture is to be published in their "Endless Journeys" book, but I'll see. I want to order the book, but it's $70.

Any help will be appreciated.

Rob

I should have read some previous posts before I made mine. I guess that others believe that this is a scam...oh well, it could be, but I keep my copyright. I doubt that i'll buy the book or go to the convention, but there's no harm in staying in the competition. Who knows, maybe someday I will find the book at a used bookstore for $1. :)

Always treat everything like this with suspicion. They tend to work like local papers - if you publish someone's name they will buy the paper and so will their relatives.
The letter sounds a bit like a carrot dangled there to get you to order the book on the off-chance you are in it. You are only in the semi-finals... along with how many others?
Have you never received prize draw notifications from Reader's Digest?

Most reactions

Back