What's new

Need help pictures are boring

Nicely done is that what it's supposed to look like. What did you do
Not sure if that's what it's suppose to look like but it now has a bit of pop to it. I used Nik color effex pro and photoshop...
 
For skin tones under variable light, I'd suggest using a grey card to allow you to calibrate the colour setting in post (assuming you are processing RAW). For handling the very large differences in brightness in your landscape shots, one or more neutral grad filters may be the way to go, allowing you to reduce the overall dynamic range to something the camera can handle (although the dynamic range of a 5D II is very good).

As for getting good shots with flash on camera, you can get very good results if you are able to use bounce flash, off a suitable white surface. Granted, having a large white surface behind you (or above you) sufficiently close is not always possible, but it's worth looking out for to use if you're having to use flash.
 
It's not the gear, it's you.

Most of the time this is true, but it's not always the case. I personally needed an upgrade. The camera I am using is noisy, only useable below ISO 400, 800 at most, with a dim, small viewfinder (0.75x on APS-C!), has poor ergonomics, has only one control wheel with the aperture adjust button is too far for my thumb to reach.

I've been using this particular camera for maybe four years now. I am very familiar with how it handles and can use it pretty intuitively, which makes it's shortcomings all the more apparent. When I looked into a replacement, I was looking for something that had a bright viewfinder, two control wheels and modest low light performance all the while meeting or exceeding the IQ and dynamic range of my current camera. I knew exactly what I wanted, not just a vague idea of better equipment to improve my photography - which I have little doubt will change much once I get my a700.

If you're thinking it's a lack of equipment, you've got to ask yourself what specifically it is about the equipment that you think is lacking. If you have only a general "my camera can't do that" attitude, it's probably you, not your gear. If you have specific, measurable concerns then, yes, it's probably the gear. But in any case, any decent DSLR can produce good results. It's just not a matter of not being capable, it's a matter of how awkward or cumbersome it is to get there.
 
Try to learn more editing techniques and see alot of photographers works to collect a good ideas :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom