Need Help Selecting a Monitor

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm thinking of getting an IPS panel. This isn't intended to be the absolute mac-daddy, but any IPS panel is going to be a HUGE leg up from the piece of crap TFT panel I'm running currently.

Ideally, I'd like...
  • To spend no more than $500 (ish) (some flexibility here)
  • I'd prefer to have LED
  • A slightly faster panel would be nice since I do game on my monitor from time to time
I've come up with these two...

1. Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24inch Monitor Details
  2. Dell UltraSharp
This is not to say it HAS to be one of these, but I know DELL makes some nice panels for decent money, so they seemed a good potential choice.

My various thoughts...
  1. The LED one is cheaper
  2. The LED one is 2ms slower, though I can't imagine that would really matter much and I'm also guessing that the benchmarks are likely not that accurate? dunno.
  3. The non-LED one seems to be the more aggressive choice for accurate color, but then both seem to claim they are good with color (again, likely both are better than mine by leaps and bounds)
  4. The LED one seems to have more "exciting" stats (contrast ratio and the like)
I'm not married to any decision at all here, just looking for some advice.

Thanks, all!

So I'm thinking of getting an IPS panel. This isn't intended to be the absolute mac-daddy, but any IPS panel is going to be a HUGE leg up from the piece of crap TFT panel I'm running currently.

Ideally, I'd like...
  • To spend no more than $500 (ish) (some flexibility here)
  • I'd prefer to have LED
  • A slightly faster panel would be nice since I do game on my monitor from time to time
I've come up with these two...

1. Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24inch Monitor Details
  2. Dell UltraSharp
This is not to say it HAS to be one of these, but I know DELL makes some nice panels for decent money, so they seemed a good potential choice.

My various thoughts...
  1. The LED one is cheaper
  2. The LED one is 2ms slower, though I can't imagine that would really matter much and I'm also guessing that the benchmarks are likely not that accurate? dunno.
  3. The non-LED one seems to be the more aggressive choice for accurate color, but then both seem to claim they are good with color (again, likely both are better than mine by leaps and bounds)
  4. The LED one seems to have more "exciting" stats (contrast ratio and the like)
I'm not married to any decision at all here, just looking for some advice.

Thanks, all!

I have used several of the Ultrasharps... including my current main monitor, the U3011. I highly recommend them... they are nice monitors.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back