Need help with a Snake Photo.

Eyezayuh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was out hiking yesterday and found this guy! I'm pleased that it came out with his tongue out but the exposure(?) is awful! Can anyone help me fix it to make it look like a decent shot? Is it possible?

IMG_1147.jpg

My others came out well enough but without the tongue!

Also, I took various shots of a landscape to try out HDR, how do I actually combine all 3 photos, in photoshop??

I'm pretty new, thanks for the help

Last edited:
I'm afraid this one's beyond saving it. You had your settings put to a too long exposure, now you got an overexposed photo with camera shake. Nothing can remedy that. Sorry. If this is the only photo you got ... well, bad luck.

I didn't spend a lot of time on this but, is this something like what you were looking for?

IMG_1147.jpg

Last edited:
Well, you can't get rid of the camera shake, no matter what you do. And I think the OP is HAPPY about the tongue out in this one, and did NOT want it to be gone ;) . By the sound of the original post, he has more photos of this same snake but none of them with the tongue out. Which is why he wants to save THIS one! ;)

Well, you can't get rid of the camera shake, no matter what you do. And I think the OP is HAPPY about the tongue out in this one, and did NOT want it to be gone ;) . By the sound of the original post, he has more photos of this same snake but none of them with the tongue out. Which is why he wants to save THIS one! ;)

Is there a problem here?

I didn't spend a lot of time on this but, is this something like what you were looking for?

Is that snake on Three Mile Island?

My, my, my... you guys are sure a bunch of encouragers! For cryin' out loud, the guy asked for help. Not snotty sarcasm or smart comments.

Whoa whoa, no need to be defensive. I'm just sayin, those are some pretty trippy colors. What LaPhoto said is correct. The photo is shaky and out of focus, and has a lot of highlight detail lost. There isn't much saving to be done. But gave it a shot anyways.

p376968547-3.jpg

p376968547-4.jpg

Thanks gjtoth and general benson, i didn't realize it was blurry. I have a few others but this was the only one I had with its tongue out. Those remakes look pretty good except that I blurred the photo.

I had my shots on AEB(?) bracketing to make sure they were exposed right.
Anyone know how to form a HDR I have a few sets of pics I want to try it on.

I think these were my best of the day...

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

Most reactions

Back