Need help with color tweak in PS

DisasterDan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys! Havent been on here in years it seems like. Ive been having tons of trouble replicating a color tweak from one of my favorite photographers.
He turns greens into reds and pinks and such and im just lost on how to do it. Ive tried doing selective color and or hues adjustments but nothing seems to work right.
Heres the images im talking about.
mallory | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
camimi | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Im trying to accomplish it in this picture.

DSC_0995_6_7_8_9_tonemapped by Daniel Palmerton, on Flickr

If anyone has any tips or knows how to accomplish this please bless me with your knowledge!

Since your image is 99% green, adjusting the green channel will turn the entire image a different color.

You may have to select the areas of the image you want to change, and may have to adjust the hue in layers

I tried a simple hue adjustment on the green & yellow channels and ended up with this (I deselected the road).

9377840165_519083b74e_bedit.jpg~original

Since your image is 99% green, adjusting the green channel will turn the entire image a different color.

You may have to select the areas of the image you want to change, and may have to adjust the hue in layers

I tried a simple hue adjustment on the green & yellow channels and ended up with this (I deselected the road).

I was worried that was my problem. So how would you address it in another source image with less green and a mix of greens and yellows? Such as this one. Say turning the grass into a pink color.

DAN_4528 by Daniel Palmerton, on Flickr

..........So how would you address it in another source image with less green and a mix of greens and yellows? Such as this one. Say turning the grass into a pink color.

Either mask off what you don't want changed, or create multiple layers. The hair is gonna be a tricky one here.

Much easier when youre not changing a vast part of the image. Thank you Gentelmen! This is just 5 minutes in cs6. Got the basic idea now!

DAN_4528 by Daniel Palmerton, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back