Need help with false login attempts.

Patriot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Every 15 minutes every single day now i get a email from this site saying that someone is trying to login to my account. I changed my password but that wouldn't help unless I change my name also. I don't know if this is fake or not. Can anyone tell me if this is real or not? I'm getting tired of my email getting flooded with these messages. I doubt that it could be a real person and seems like some sort of bot. There is nothing special about my account for someone to spend so much time doing this.

Dear Patriot,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Photography Forum & Digital Photography Forum with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 211.36.133.217

All the best,
Photography Forum & Digital Photography Forum

I suspect terrorist activity..its probably Al-Qaeda

I doubt they will find anything out off of this site.

Originating from South Korea... most likely a bot because your login is a dictionary word.

Put the ip through this tool:

Visual Trace Route Tool - Find, Track, and Map the Route to an IP Address

Host trace to
15 hops / 23.3 seconds

1. dreamhost.com
2. dreamhost.com
3. comcast.net
4. comcast.net
5. comcast.net
6. comcast.net
7. sprintlink.net
8. sprintlink.net
9. sprintlink.net
10. 203.255.234.65
11. 203.248.207.229
12. 210.120.102.254
13. 61.43.231.90
14. 211.168.100.70
15. Unknown

~10,060 miles traveled

I doubt they will find anything out off of this site.

If they can get your password here, it's a good bet you use the same password elsewhere....... like your bank, credit cards, etc.

I will try running my antivirus in safe mode to see if it can find this bot. Thank you for the help. I change my password to something I never used before to prevent that.

Neither of these - Photography Forum & Digital Photography Forum - is this forum. This is The Photo Forum.

KmH said:
Neither of these - Photography Forum & Digital Photography Forum - is this forum. This is The Photo Forum.

Photography Forum & Digital Photography Forum is This forum. That's the name used for their e-mail address and that's how the e-mails are signed.

Attachments

• $image-704770025.jpg
    $image-704770025.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 152

Most reactions

New Topics

Back