NEED I SAY MORE ?

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Aye Mates,
Some folks ask me why I have such a love for the outdoors and bird hunting. In all actuality, my love for the natural world started when I was very young and has been a lifelong passion.

ozq8qyR5TO+2OIlmHbEMbQ_thumb_ada0_Fotor.jpg

Need I Say More ? This was the scene from our hunting blind this morning as we looked East o'er the decoys we had placed in the corn lot in hopes of luring birds within range of our guns. We arrived in the dark to set up and four of us shared the blind with three retrievers. All of my gunning Mates share my love of wildlife and wild places. I loved listening to the comments made by my companions, all of us were in complete awe as the sunrise played out in a continually evolving exhibit of color, light, and form. We listened carefully for the sound of approaching geese and we worked our calls and they came to our decoy rig as we tried to work them into range. The guns boomed and some birds fell, dogs were sent to retrieve the birds, that part of the hun t has played out many times throughout my life as a fowler. I have also watched many a sunrise, all are unique and each adds its own special signature upon each hunt, and that will keep me coming back for as long as I am able.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️

Amazing sunrise. I hope you guys got some birds. Some of my Fondest Memories are of duck hunting along the banks of Oregon's Willamette River. In the early 1980's we would always hope for a good hard freeze which would ice-over all the small ponds and lakes, and force almost all of the Ducks on to the big river.

Last edited:
@Irishwhistler your images and descriptive narratives reminds me of a cross between Thoreau and Hemmingway. In today's fast paced world it's easy to miss some of life's greatest pleasures like, the excitement of a hunt, the commradery of friends, and the beauty of the world around us.

Very nice sunrise, good capture! I had a love for the outdoors at an early age as well with our house 100 ft. from a pine forest. Man, talk about a playground for kids. When I was in kindergarten I used to follow my older brother (my idol, I followed him everywhere) far back into those pine woods of ALA. in search of adventure. The quicksand and bobcats we found were very interesting along with the cottonmouths we occasionally encountered aaaand beat over the head with long branches. From my adventures I learned that danger sometimes accompanies beauty, that kids can be very stupid and that shotguns work better than sticks. ;)

@Irishwhistler your images and descriptive narratives reminds me of a cross between Thoreau and Hemmingway. In today's fast paced world it's easy to miss some of life's greatest pleasures like, the excitement of a hunt, the commradery of friends, and the beauty of the world around us.

Smoke,
Your most kind and flattering commentary are deeply appreciated. I have in fact stayed at an inn that Thoreau had once stayed in and other than that, I may fall far short of any likeness to him . I do love then natural world, much as did Thoreau and Hemmingway and I am glaD YE ENJOY MY WRITINGS.

CHEERS,
MIKE ☘️

Amazing sunrise. I hope you guys got some birds. Some of my Fondest Memories are of duck hunting along the banks of Oregon's Willamette River. In the early 1980's we would always hope for a good hard freeze which would ice-over all the small ponds and lakes, and force almost all of the Ducks on to the big river.

DERREL,
WE DID INDEED HARVEST SOME NICE HONKERS.

Mike ☘️

Most reactions

New Topics

Back