need more CF cards

Ptyler22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.harvardpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I currently have 2, 8gb transcend cf cards and I want another 16gb worth of memory. What would be the cheapest way to do that? One 16gb? two 8gb... write speed isn't a huge issue but the 133x cards I have now are just fast enough so I don't want any slower than 133x. I saw kingston has a 16gb for $33 on amazon. Is that pretty much the cheapest?
Thanks

I think you should get 2X 8gb since if the 16gb card breaks down you lose all you photos and you dont have a card to shoot with. With 2X8gb if one breaks you have another one.

Well if the 8GIG breaks down you lose 8GIGS worth of photos. If its gonna break its gonna break. I would get the 16GIG simply because the price point is that good.

Personally for my 40D & 30D I have eight (8), 4 gig cards. That way when I am shooting an event if I have a card failure I loose only a portion of the event, not the whole thing. Card failure rarely happens, but then so are plane crashes. It only takes once.

Personally for my 40D & 30D I have eight (8), 4 gig cards. That way when I am shooting an event if I have a card failure I loose only a portion of the event, not the whole thing. Card failure rarely happens, but then so are plane crashes. It only takes once.

Good advice. While card failure is rare, human error is frequent. Data loss is more often the result of user error. It doesn't matter the cause; spreading the pictures across multiple cards reduces the extent of the loss when it does occur.

so maybe I will just go with 2 more 8gb transcend cards, they are only like $23 each, and that way I don't have only one card if it fails, and I also won't have like 20 cards that I need to keep track of.

so maybe I will just go with 2 more 8gb transcend cards, they are only like $23 each, and that way I don't have only one card if it fails, and I also won't have like 20 cards that I need to keep track of.

Wait. Are you going to SELL the current cards you have? If you don't you already have backup cards.

I use alot of smaller cards. Sometimes I shoot two or three events a day and just change the card for each event.

Wait. Are you going to SELL the current cards you have? If you don't you already have backup cards.

No I'm not selling them, I'm just adding more because now that I'm shooting professionally I am shooting RAW I need more memory. I'm shooting a two day concourse in Rhode Island, and I figured I will probably take more than 1100 pictures.

Most reactions

Back