NeEd NeW LeNsEs..ReCoMeNdAtIoNs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on where you are:

Australia: CamerasDirect
UK: Jacobs Digital is normally often mentioned
US: as aforementioned, Adorama or B&HPhoto (though the latter does not take orders during the weekends)

PS: Did it take you longer to type the TiTlE oR tO tYpE tHe AcTuAl MeSsAgE?

seriously guys yall are being critical, grow up and look past your stupid irritations and wanting to attempt to bash everything you dislike. it doesnt matter what you think of the formats. just answer the question if you are up to it. I really dont give a crap that it bothers you..yall are all throwing stupid comments on every bodys posts about things that dont matter. NO ONE CARES!!!!

The title was so annoying I didn't even read the thread. I only replied to try to inform you that, like most of us, making a title difficult to read will not get you the results you are looking for. We're not 17 year old girls trying to impress the world with our 1337 speak.

It's your choice to post like a school girl and it's our choice to inform you that you're posting like a school girl. Calling us "stupid" and telling us to "just answer the question" won't help.

Now... about using Google to find another site... Seriously. Mkthx. :twak:

PS: Did it take you longer to type the TiTlE oR tO tYpE tHe AcTuAl MeSsAgE?

seriously guys yall are being critical, grow up and look past your stupid irritations and wanting to attempt to bash everything you dislike. it doesnt matter what you think of the formats. just answer the question if you are up to it. I really dont give a crap that it bothers you..yall are all throwing stupid comments on every bodys posts about things that dont matter. NO ONE CARES!!!!

The title was so annoying I didn't even read the thread. I only replied to try to inform you that, like most of us, making a title difficult to read will not get you the results you are looking for. We're not 17 year old girls trying to impress the world with our 1337 speak.

It's your choice to post like a school girl and it's our choice to inform you that you're posting like a school girl. Calling us "stupid" and telling us to "just answer the question" won't help.

Now... about using Google to find another site... Seriously. Mkthx. :twak:

Not only was that idea about me trying to be a cool girl wrong but like i said in the other post..STOP OVERREACTING to a flipping title.

EF-S 10-22mm for landscape

EF 100mm 2.8L IS macro for macro

The CaNoN 300mm f/4 IS is A Too Cool For ScHoOl lens.

The CaNoN 35mm f/2 is a NeAt LenS.

The CaNoN 85mm f/1.8 is Ve'Re-Y nice.

The SiGmA 24mm f/1.8 makes neat Pho-Toe-Zs.

The Si-G-Ma 30mm f/1.4 is SChwEeEt!

AnY One OF Theze Five LensES WoULd Be AwE-Sum. SeriousLy. All R GoOd
LeNSeS,EAcH WiTH a DiStiNCtiVe StYle ANd "imPreSSiOn". The "lens Is The EyE of The KamErA, IT Really IS, Fer Realz. IF U Can AffOrD AnY OnE oF TheSe, Any OnE WiLl GiVE BeaUTiFul IMaGEs, For YEars To ComE.

Just having fun with the typing, but seriously, those are my suggestions. Notice that none of the lenses I suggest are zoom lenses. For starting photographers, they often start with craptastic zooms--the lenses I suggest above are all unique,and would probably be overlooked by most beginners for a decade or more.

kate21 said:
NeEd NeW LeNsEs..ReCoMeNdAtIoNs?
That's rather annoying.
In!
Extremely annoying
Communication is not just about the words that you use (or misuse). If you make your message hard to read, you are reducing the chance that your message will get through, or you are so annoying the people who read it that they cannot get past the annoyance to respond to your request.

ok so right now i have a crap lens and i would like to buy two lenses. First of all i like to use Macro, so i want to know what lens would be best for that. Also i want a landscape lens, Possibly one that can zoom far out. I have a Canon EOS 20D so whatever lenses that yall like with this camera please let me know...Also i need some web sights that are recommended for ordering these lenses. Thanks Guys XD
You haven't provided a budget for your lens purchases.

For the EOS 20D, the $450 Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 Di-II covers the same extremely useful range of focal lengths as the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 USM kit lens, but with a wider aperture and better image quality.

For your telephoto and macro needs, you might try to combine them with the $700 Sigma 180mm f/3.5 Macro.

Otherwise, you might go with three lenses, getting a dedicated macro lens like the $600 EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM for your close-up work, then choosing a telephoto lens based on your needs and budget (e.g.: $250 EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS, $600 EF 70-200mm f/4L USM, $1600 EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM, $1250 EF 300mm f/4L IS USM, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back