Need of New Lenses

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am a photography student and I am getting ahead of myself of buying new lenses and so on.

I have a variety of cameras but the I have been sticking with my main brands Nikon and Zeiss.

I have a Nikon D200 that comes with the 18-200mm VR II Lens

I am thinking of getting a Nikon 85mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens or a Nikon 105mm f/2.0D AF DC-Nikkor Lens

I am willing to spend the money for both lenses. I am more for quality than quantity.

Six statements and zero questions makes it tough to answer. ;)

I don't know that you really need to diversify with lenses the same as with a stock-portfolio but rather to fill your photographic needs. At this point you might want to think about what you most want to shoot.

I don't own an 18-200mm but have seen some nice work done with them although I do see the need for a faster lens. With the D200 though the 105m is ~160mms and would be a bit long for most things with in dart throwing distance.

But again I come to what you really need and unless you are into portraits/studio/commercial work where lighting, scrims, gobos, reflectors and flags would be in order, I think you would most benefit from an 80-200mm f/2.8 (or the 70-200m VR if you can afford it).

good luck

Most reactions

New Topics

Back