Need professional advice

anthony003

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So i own a canon 7D with the lens of EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
Telephoto Zoom... Soon i wanna start taking indoor pjot pretty much i will be doing a home studio. So wat i wantto buy is going to be 4 strobe light. One for the background. Two of themwill be in an angle of the subject and third is going to be a hair light. Now my question is wats the apeture and shuttle speed i have to program my camera in order to take pictures. I know it all depends but if some can give me an example that will be great. Because the flash i can also increase or decrease the level of light but thats i can manage by playing with that but for the camera i dont know in what am i supposed to set it up.. Anyone

I don't own a Canon. It's a better camera then he one I have. However, when I don't know what to set the camera at, I try putting it in "automatic", this will give me some numbers to use as a start. then I can move it to manual, or any of the other modes to have more control.

Get yourself a light meter so you can meter the light from the strobes falling on the subject, background etc.
-
Shoot well, Joe

kmbytd iuyjh poi uyrht po, kjdth ounjyy dkiryuhd.

jkiugr loyiuh lkt likiyjghtyuirk, kiyj, iyjruytr, spunmgskuety qwerty, +2.

blismahoma kprioygfew munstras drakma plustrpus hyrludy, +6.

Drakayutqzxc ki toiut naflqytr bliss.

www.cambridgeincolor.com

get a light meter, for white back ground you want background to be F5.6 to F4 and subject at F8 (so your white background is two stops over than your subject)
Black background is F11 to F16 if subject is F8 (black is two stop under than subject) if you get that right than you can change your subjects F stop to your liking as long as you keep your back ground two stops differents

I've moved the blog –> zackarias.com/blog » White Seamless Tutorial :: Part 1 :: Gear & Space

Katerolla wow thanks a million it worked big time. I went ahead and bought a flash meter n all i can say is wow ita ussfull..

One more thing whatsnthe set up for the camera what shutter speed and apeture do we put it on?

Strobist has some great articles on how to balance off camera flash lighting.

Use the link he posted and learn. Settings are made depending on what YOU want to do with the exposure at hand.

Also, maybe, just maybe, you should work with a single strobe first. How are you going to learn how to control 4 strobes effectively if you haven't learned how to use a single strobe to its full potential first.

www.cambridgeincolor.com

Dang, I understand this post better than the OP's... :lmao:

how to use your light meter
Metering, Part III: Using a light meter

if i'm doing white background my shutter is usally 125 - 200 of a second my background is F5.6 and my subject is F8
if i'm doing black background my shutter is usally 125 - 200 of a second my background is F11 or higgher and my subject is F8

www.cambridgeincolor.com

Keith, in case you wanted it here it is in Yiddish:

קמביטד יוידזשה וירהט די פּאָי, קדזשדטה אָונדזשיי דקיריוהד.

דזשקיוגר לוייוה לקט ליקיידזשגהטיוירק, קיידזש, יידזשרויטר, ספּונמגסקועטי קווערטי, 2.

בליסמאַהאָמאַ קפּריויגפעוו מונסטראַס דראַקמאַ פּלוסטרפּוס הירלודי, 6.

דראַקייַוטקזקסק קי טאָיוט נאַפלקיטר גרעסטער.

Most reactions

Back