Need Recc of a Fast Low Light Lens- Nikon

myvinyl333

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.livegigshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What would add to my Nikon D90? The 50mm is good @ times, as is the 80-200. I need a closer, wider shot in low light?

Example using the 50 mm:
4376597379_5500545717_b.jpg

How do you get a "closer/wider" shot?? do you mean you want to be closer and hence the shot needs to be wider?

If you want faster then the 50mm 1.4 you'll need to upgrade to a d700 or d3, to gain better high-iso performance. They'll also make your shot a little wider. If 50mm isn't wide enough for you, then a 35mm f1.4 is your only choice without giving up speed.

From the look of the one example photos you posted, my guess is the upgrade you'd be most happy with is a new d700 body.

How do you get a "closer/wider" shot?? do you mean you want to be closer and hence the shot needs to be wider?

If you want faster then the 50mm 1.4 you'll need to upgrade to a d700 or d3, to gain better high-iso performance. They'll also make your shot a little wider. If 50mm isn't wide enough for you, then a 35mm f1.4 is your only choice without giving up speed.

From the look of the one example photos you posted, my guess is the upgrade you'd be most happy with is a new d700 body.

Yes, I would like to be closer with a wider shot. Sorry I still lack proper photography language.

Yo I heard nikon is coming out with this new cheap lens thats just what you want, think its called the 24mm 1.4 afs or something like that

Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
Sigma 30mm f/1.4

If you go full frame.......
Primes
Nikkor 35mm f/2
Nikkor 28mm, 24mm, 20mm all f/2.8
Zooms
Nikkor 14-24mm, 24-70mm both f/2.8

Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
Sigma 30mm f/1.4

If you go full frame.......
Primes
Nikkor 35mm f/2
Nikkor 28mm, 24mm, 20mm all f/2.8
Zooms
Nikkor 14-24mm, 24-70mm both f/2.8

Thanks for the suggestions...may I ask what does it mean to go full frame?

For Nikon it would be the D700 & D3 + variants (FX) bodies. The sensor size is equivalent to 35mm film whereas the rest of the digital bodies (DX) are a 1.5 crop factor.

Keep in mind that you CAN use an FX lens on a DX body. However, you will get a Field of View (FoV) multiplied by the crop factor.

Keep in mind that you CAN use an FX lens on a DX body. However, you will get a Field of View (FoV) multiplied by the crop factor.

Which happens with DX lenses too.

For Nikon it would be the D700 & D3 + variants (FX) bodies. The sensor size is equivalent to 35mm film whereas the rest of the digital bodies (DX) are a 1.5 crop factor.

Thank you VERY much for clearing that up for me. Now a lot more things make sense. So if I do get another body to add to my D90, a full frame could be an option.:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back