need serious critique of this photo

i trashed the photo ..... it was a test of film ... i think the second one looks to dark ... to "muddy" ... its not a great photo overall ... the first one is lacking contrast, but if i added more, the sky would get blown out :? ... the photo is junk :lol:

im not use to putting a lot of work in photoshop these days .. i feel like if i need to spend serveral mins in ps, than i didnt get what i wanted in the original .. not even close ... so i've failed

im new to film, the contrast is definatly less than with my digital ... im not sure how to judge these photos yet .. they look very different .. this one is just junk :lol:

nice try :D

yea totally.

its been a weird 24 hours here. i shouldnt attempt
to do that when i should be getting domestic.

:roll:

what film was it ?

maybe its down to the lab. i use xp2 and i find it has some good qualities.

Damn Dew I didn't know you were using film....I thought that you shoot digital :?

What filter (if any) did you use? What film? Some is more contrasty than others. What was the divelopment prosses? Is it 6x6 format?

Josh said:
Damn Dew I didn't know you were using film....I thought that you shoot digital :?

What filter (if any) did you use? What film? Some is more contrasty than others. What was the divelopment prosses? Is it 6x6 format?

i am shooting digital :p ... but im trying out film these days (im a traitor :lol: )

i used that ilford C-41 film (garbage) ... the kind u get developed at a color lab :? .. i wanted to try it all (as u can see, all is not good)

my favorite is ilford HP5 400 :D ... i got some good ones out of that one ... i like high contrast ...

the hubby's gonna try that C-41 next (we got one more roll left) .. i told him to dump it :lol: ... he wont listen

ahhh ya good old xp-2

I like it of portaits sometimes. It has less grain than other 400 asa film. It is less contrast though =)

Glad to see you using film! Come to the dark side :twisted:

You may want to try a yellow filter to up the contrast a little. Red will make the sky darker too (if you want that).

Most reactions

Back