Need some advice guys

Fate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.davidhedgesphotography.carbonmade.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, heres the deal. My friends band want me to do some photos for them at a party gig. Its gona be in someones house so i guess the lighting is gona be ok (ish).

What sorta film should i use (ie. speed) and if i need to use the flash, should i bounce it off the celing, (just got a flash gun),

Many thanks,

Fate

hmm... If you bounce the flash, keep in mind what color the ceiling is because it will pick up color. also what shape it is. if the shows in a basement or somewhere there maybe rafter showing that will stop your flash. or somewhere there maybe a light haning that will reflect differently. Id say just point the flash at them. and just do a fill flash. if its in a house most of the light maybe from above and cast shadows down on them.
as for film Id probably go with a faster speed. I have had success shooting bands with 400 speed but you can go faster expecially if they are a active band while they play. You can talk them about color or b&w, In a house Id go with b&w if the band plans on using the pics for something because grandmas fancy old lamp in the corner wont be so distractive... also with b&w you wont have to worrie about the light from the flash being a different color than the ceiling lights...
good luck.

Most reactions

Back