What's new

Need some constructive criticism

tmurphy0828

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 21, 2012
Messages
115
Reaction score
17
Location
Coconut Creek, Fl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have been learning tons and tons of stuff about photography, cameras, how to shoot photos, settings and all that good stuff in just the short amount of time that Ive been on the site and I have been trying to take it all in and remember everything Ive learned when I go out to shoot photos now. I certainly hope I am getting better with practice. Ive just started to try to learn how to edit my photos properly to try and make them look better and I just wanted to get an opinion on the origanal vs the edit of a photo I shot. Is there something I did wrong, didnt do, does the edit look bad, what would you have done? ect..

here is the origanal
DSC_0115_zpsd3031f1a.jpg


and here is the edit
DSC_0115_zps2d3225bb.jpg
 
The edit is a lot nicer, although it seems slightly too done. It almost looks drawn rather than photographed. I like it though.
 
The edit is a lot nicer, although it seems slightly too done. It almost looks drawn rather than photographed. I like it though.
Yeah Im noticing that now. I think I made it a little too sharp
 
The red berries look very plastic with the over editing. The first shot was underdeveloped so it makes it harder for the subsequent editing to be great.
 
Personally I'd bring the saturation down some and try to get the berries back closer to the original as they look very oversaturated to me. I think that's a holly bush, but I'm not sure. Whatever it is we have a lot of them around here but none of them are that red.
 
The red berries look very plastic with the over editing. The first shot was underdeveloped so it makes it harder for the subsequent editing to be great.
yeah the origanal really didnt come out as good as I thought it did. it looked way better in camera and when I put on my computer I wasnt very pleased. I went for it anyway though
 
Personally I'd bring the saturation down some and try to get the berries back closer to the original as they look very oversaturated to me. I think that's a holly bush, but I'm not sure. Whatever it is we have a lot of them around here but none of them are that red.
I think the problem is that I didnt have the correct lighting to begin with and so i tried to fix it but it didnt really work. And im not sure if it is a holly bush or not but the berries on this one are as red and bright as could be
 
You did a good job with the crop (got rid of the stray leaf on the left and extra sky on the right), but you saturated the colors way too much on an image that I thought was fine to begin with.
 
You did a good job with the crop (got rid of the stray leaf on the left and extra sky on the right), but you saturated the colors way too much on an image that I thought was fine to begin with.

thanks. and yeah ill make sure to go easy on the colors next time
 
Personally I'd bring the saturation down some and try to get the berries back closer to the original as they look very oversaturated to me. I think that's a holly bush, but I'm not sure. Whatever it is we have a lot of them around here but none of them are that red.
I think the problem is that I didnt have the correct lighting to begin with and so i tried to fix it but it didnt really work. And im not sure if it is a holly bush or not but the berries on this one are as red and bright as could be
Yeah, but not that red:

berries.jpg


This is your ORIGINAL shot with the saturation reduced 45%. It just needed some light in the midtones was all.
 
Personally I'd bring the saturation down some and try to get the berries back closer to the original as they look very oversaturated to me. I think that's a holly bush, but I'm not sure. Whatever it is we have a lot of them around here but none of them are that red.
I think the problem is that I didnt have the correct lighting to begin with and so i tried to fix it but it didnt really work. And im not sure if it is a holly bush or not but the berries on this one are as red and bright as could be
Yeah, but not that red:

berries.jpg


This is your ORIGINAL shot with the saturation reduced 45%. It just needed some light in the midtones was all.

Haha yeah I know they are not that. I was just saying. Yeah that looks way better than before
 
I would try cropping more, so that it run off the right and top, in order t balance the branch coming in from the left.

It may or may not work better, but I'd try it and see.
 
You still seem to be having focus issues.

What's your method for focusing? Auto? Manual?
Are you using the in view finder focus indicator icon?
 
$DSC_0115_zpsd3031f1a.webp

The crop bothered me the most ...my edit for crop
 
I would try cropping more, so that it run off the right and top, in order t balance the branch coming in from the left.

It may or may not work better, but I'd try it and see.
Ill give it a shot

You still seem to be having focus issues.

What's your method for focusing? Auto? Manual?
Are you using the in view finder focus indicator icon?
I manual focused this one and yes. But maybe im not using it correctly? But im not sure thats actually the issue. I think something keeps going wrong when I upload my photos because the origanal photo that is on my computer is crystal clear

View attachment 32120

The crop bothered me the most ...my edit for crop
This is probably the best out of all of them
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom