julie32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.juliestarkphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey all:

I'm reaching out to you in the realization that "we've all been there and can relate." I am not sure which category this question falls into, but you don't have to be a professional photographer to have gone thru this!

I am working on a project to photographically convey the pain of a harsh break-up. A tormented kind of love that could just never be. The two people still have extremely strong emotions toward eachother, highly angry and sexual, but still sweet and loving.

I do not want people in the photos. I want to do this symbollically. I'm making a list for myself of words that I associate with this situation (like pain, open, bleeding, hurt, sad, angry, lonlienss, the color red etc...) to see if I can personify them.

This whole thing is a touchy subject obviously, but maybe the art of expression will help to heal wounds.

Your thoughts and ideas are welcome.
Thank you so much,
julie

Jewelery in a pool of blood.... with maybe a love letter or something like that...

Last edited:
Try associating those more subjective terms that you have a list of with more concrete objects that universally speak in those terms.

i.e. broken relationships = broken picture frames/ torn photographs.
tears = water/rain/ running makeup...

the aim of photography is a nebulous concept, and the argument over artists vision vs. public perception can be endless. Never the less, if you want to express those more abstract concepts to an un-initiated public some visual commonality is needed.

Fantastic project idea and very cathartic... allow what you feel. see. hear. taste. do. in this situation guide your art. I hope to see the result.

Tyj

Send a PM to Chiller... he will have some ideas for you :)

How about things left on a table. Start with a fresh bouquet of flowers along with your main subjects and as you progress have the same bouquet in every shot. With each progressive shot the flowers should be a little more wilted.

Then a few with an empty vase. Probably pet food cans scattered along with whatever else. Bills maybe.

Then a fresh Bouquet.

Circle of life in metaphor and reality- if you can call being a floral arrangement "Life". ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back