Need some help from the females here (and the males too)

starving4rtist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.murc13.homestead.com
Alrighty....my girlfriend has a birthday coming up, and I'm a poor college student. She said she doesn't want anything for her birthday, but I'm thinking about giving her a framed picture by me, which wouldn't cost too much.

IMO, a picture of us is cliche, and she already has lots of them. What kinds of other pictures do you think she would like? Sunsets, flowers? Any suggestions?

Honestly, anything that you love she probably would love too! Does she have a hobby or a favorite flower? Anything that shows her you know what she likes is good :)

You mean a bowling ball with his name on it is not a good gift? Or a drill? Those always say I love you and cherish you!

Think to when you two are alone. Is there anything she has confided in you that she would be too embarrassed to tell others? You could take a photo of that. I don't mean take a picture of a child wetting themselves, not that kind of embarrassment. But say she did ballet when she was little and really liked it but can't tell her friends. You could take a picture of some ballet shoes in low key.
I thinking whilst I'm typing here, but I hope you get what I was trying to say. Something that is very personal. It'll show you listen to her.

Is she close with her mum and dad? Or the whole family? Would she like a picture of all of you together?

If you take a picture of anything that is personal to her, you're onto a winner.

I reckon you should try for a glamour shot of her - nicely framed and matted up. The trick would be not letting her catch on that you are doing it for a present. Maybe a lovely portrait or summat?

A picture of something wich means alot and is important and special, maybe she would appreciate something like that. Like yourself or how ferny said it. Or maybe there is a place where you and her love to be or there is nice memories in it.. :)

2Stupid2Duck: I would never want a picture of me on my b-day. Especially from my bf, but thats just me. :wink:

ferny said:
Something that is very personal. It'll show you listen to her.

If you take a picture of anything that is personal to her, you're onto a winner.

Ditto. :)

A picture of something that reminds her of a special moment in your relationship would be great ( where you first met / kissed ? Or , like the others said , something she has a love for etc ) .....

Also , you could make a cd for her with songs she loves / songs you consider 'your' songs and use a photo you took as the cd cover ...handwriting the titles of the songs on the inside....maybe also include a couple of lil messages here and there for her to smile at.

I made my boy a lil gift once where I bought a gorgeous heart-covered box ( it was a jewellery box but it did the job ) and I filled it with hershey kisses , Baci kisses , hundreds of small slips of paper where I had written 'Hug' on them , tiny shiny colored lips , and I cut out all these bits of calligraphy paper where I had planted lipstick kisses on em etc .....then I scented it with my perfume inside and calligraphied " Josh's Box of Hugs and kisses " on the top .....

I thought I'd write that as an idea for ya coz girls like that kinda thang .... ;) ... obviously you would incorporate more 'masculine' stuff seeing as it's coming from you lol....
Plus , after she eats all the chocolate the box can be used as a jewellery box.

If ya want more ideas ... go look at this site ......its got a ton of em !

http://scripts.lovingyou.com/mdb/search.cgi?mdb=ideas&cat=birthday

http://www.lovingyou.com/content/romance/content.shtml?ART=birthdays

motcon said:
starving4rtist said:
Alright...I'm getting some ideas now. Thanks so much for everyone's help.

please say it isn't Gero's bowling ball suggestion. he means well, but....

Mean you there is something wrong with that? How could Homer Simpson lead you wrong dealing with women? How?

You know, I used to be on a bowling league, would have been a great gift for me :)

Most reactions

Back