Need some help with Pentacon 135 2.8

Vitotitto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys,

I need some help.

I have..( had basically ) the lens marked as Carl Zeiss 135 mm 2.8 but guess that it is Pentacon 135 2.8 converted to use with canon.

It is very nice lens with lovely colours and very sharp!

I did stupid thing, wanted to ease focusing ring a bit, cause it was quite firm, and disassembled the lens to add some lubricant. The disassembling was very easy, I had no doubts that I'll have any problems putting everything back together. But I cant((((

146547169.jpg
##
146547217.jpg

146547234.jpg

I'm trying to assemble it back in this order, A - B, C-D, E should go into the F.

But it's the problem, the thing that moves the aperture won't allow to screw the part with lens mount ring back where it was. Had a hope to disassemble this part (with the mount)and to try again, but someone, who converted this lens, added some glue to the screws.

Is there any manual maybe that will help me?
Feel so stupid, ruined nice lens with my own hands!

Do you know it's glue? Can you see any colour to it? If you're lucky, it's a thread locking compound such as Loc-Tite Purple which is a low-strength sealer and just a little bit of gentle heat will cause it to "let go" and may allow you to get those screws out.

Maybe try Rick Oleson's site, this link or look at his main page. Camera Tech Notes
There's a page on there for a Zeiss Jena lens, don't know if it would be of any help. Carl Zeiss Jena Lenses

You might need to be careful putting lubricant in there, could work into the lens/glass. I have camera repair books by Tomosy which are out of print (may be at a library) but don't know offhand what's suggested if the aperture ring's tight.

Thank you very much for the help, guys.
Tirediron, thank you so much for the idea! It was something like glue, but middle heat helped!

Anyway, it seems it is the next level of challenge, I can't put everything together although everything seems to be correct now. Ah, it was so stupid to disassemble it.

Most reactions

Back