need suggested apps for ipad

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My next studio purchase is going to be an ipad, I know, im really up with the times. :D

right now I use paper for my customer order information, model releases and price guide. I cant read their info half the time and I have to manually enter it in to use for later campaigns which I never do.

So I need an app that will let me do both the customer info and model release, that will auto fill teh release with the customer info, so I dont waste as much time before each portrait, and can easily move their info over to a database.

Is there an app like this?

The price guide could be as simple as saving it as a pdf and let the customer slide through the pages, but if there is a good app for this, I figure its worth asking?

I will probably do the picture viewing on the computer still since they would have to flip between the price guide and pictures which would be annoying. But just in case, is there a great app that can handle this? Maybe even incorporate the price guide into it? Eventually I want to get a projector for the sales sessions but thats not in the budget yet for a good one. If lightroom had an app for this that would be great. Thats what I currently use for my sales sessions.

Thanks for any advice you can give me. :D

I use photocart for my main database. Uploaded to my website I have access to it via computer and iPad with no problems. Preveal is what I use for ordering most prints. And ModelRelease is a free app. I did, however upload the model release that I had reviewed by my lawyer and tweaked for my state.

So preveal is for sales sessions? Im looking for a good app that will let me do a sales session, right now im using LR on my laptop but I like the idea of giving them a full size ipad to view the pictures on and have htem mark "yay or nay" as they go through them to narrow them down to the ones they love.

I use Preveal to help them choose the right layout and sizes for their walls. I use paper proofs at my sales sessions. They are cheap and show them what the pictures look printed. They can spread them out and compare pictures much easier and quicker. I then usually give them the proofs as a surprise with their final order.

I have some repeat customers that know they will get their proofs but this has not affected sales so far.

How many proofs do you show them? I tend to show about 100 to 400 pictures *average is more like 200* so 5x7's proofs would be in the $50 to $200 range for me.

Just to confirm, preveal is only for showing the final wall options, you cant use it to narrow down/flag pictures the clients like? Ive been recommended youproof which is in the $35 range. just not sure how easy it would be to import the selected ones into preveal. :)

Most reactions

Back