Need thougths to further identify my Mom's old camera ...

Bill R

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings ... I have almost finished a 2-part retrospective on Ansel Adams for our camera club ... and I was inspired to go through my Moms old equipment included things given her by her older brother who graduated from Brook's Institute in the early 1940s. Several items are the same as Ansel Adams used (i.e. Weston Master II Light Meter and an SEI Spot Meter) But none of her cameras.

In revisiting one of her cameras, a Kodak AG (Dr. Nagel-Werk) 33 with 170mm f/7.7 lens (image attached), I found I could not clearly identify it.

Perhaps one of you may know more about old Kodaks than I can find online ... all I find are identified as Kodak Recomar 33 models and have both "Kodak" and "Compur" clearly on the face in large script. Also none have this lens (170mm f/7.7) which seems unusual. I'd love to determine the vintage ... any thoughts??

Thanks!

Attachments

• Kodak 33 170mm f7.7_crp+adj_680.jpg
    Kodak 33 170mm f7.7_crp+adj_680.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 36
Hello and welcome, it is a very interesting old camera.....

Thanks so much. I was guessing someone here could assist. Knowing her brother graduated from Brook's Institute, I suppose he helped her get a camera with some special tweaks. It is in great shape, and proudly sits in my collection. :-D

BTW ... I followed up on your comment and found a 5x7 Eastman Kodak View Camera 33A + ILEX Shutter + Kodak Anastigmat F 7.7 170mm. That is the exact lens on my Moms camera.

Again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Attachments

• ILEX Shutter+Kodak Anastigmat F7.7 170mm_680.jpg
    ILEX Shutter+Kodak Anastigmat F7.7 170mm_680.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 14

Most reactions

New Topics

Back