Need to scan large template 24"x48"

im2c0ol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So my cousin is a tailor who design cloths templates in size of 24"x48" that he had fedex office scan one set template for him that cost him $200. Any sugguestion would apreciates.

He has Nikon D1x wonder if it would work with the right lens. I was talking him into setup his home studio and diy (any sugguestion how to config home studio to take the layout sketchs). I'm not a Nikon person and it's a really old Nikon so not sure what lens he'll need for taking his sketches.
Thanks

If he already has a D1x, I think that would be the best option. Not sure what the best lens would be though.

You'd want the template to be flat and smooth, with the camera centered above it (sensor plane parallel to the template) for best results. And even lighting.

I can scan it at work. Highest resolution is 600DPI though.

We would consider a wide scanner to make it easy. But I'm not sure what keyword to search for. As my cuz is not good at electronics so a simple solution would be best.

We would consider a wide scanner to make it easy. But I'm not sure what keyword to search for. As my cuz is not good at electronics so a simple solution would be best.

Search for wide format scanner. I use one at work occasionally. Basically the way they work is the scanning element is fixed and it pulls the paper in and over the scan element.

Most reactions

Back