Need to Upgrade Camera

Discussion in 'Canon Cameras' started by vivelafish, Oct 21, 2015.

1. PJoneil

PJoneil TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    What I meant was hopefully after the beginning of next year, as in between Jan 1 and summer. I did not realize I needed to be so literal, but like I said "wishful thinking". I am sure you are right though about the price not coming down much further. I really thought about the MK II because there are a lot of used ones and it looks like a great camera to practice on. But like I said I am happy with my 7D so I may not be in the same situation as others. I do agree that if I did not have a camera then I would not play the waiting game based on rumors either. Thanks for your perspective on the MK II and MK III situation that you encountered it helps me put my MK III dreams into a better perspective some.

2. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit

My advice is to buy a used FX Canon body. Look for a VALUE proposition...6D used, or 5D Mark II used, skip the 5D-III since your budget is only $2.5k. Buy the "value" full frame body, then spend some money on good, future-proof, solid lenses. You already have the 28mm. Pick up a 70-200mm L-series Canon, used. f/2.8 Mark 1 generation preferably (either IS or non-IS) OR the NEW 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM. Skip over the old, 67mm filter non-IS f/4 L model, even though it is low priced.

Buy an 85mm f/1.8 as a solid, fast, and lightweight tele that is affordable and much lighter,smaller, and less obtrusive than the big zoom. Buy it used.

Get a flash or two, umbrellas, swivel mounts, some made in China triggers.