Need to Upgrade...

Skhigh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have a Sony a100 that I received as a gift back in '07. Now that I am in school for photography I am looking to upgrade my camera. I just don't know which way to go. My camera has been good to me, however not having the live-view feature makes certain shots hard to get, along with it just being outdated a bit. I would like to stay with sony because I already have two lenses, however accessibility to sony accessories is limited to online, which sucks. So basically I was looking for some input on this. I read that the new sonys basically suck in low light areas. I was also wondering if the lens I have from my a100 will fit these newer cameras...if they don't then there really isn't anything holding me back from switching to canon or nikon. Its just so overwhelming!!

Sony hasn't changed their mount for the new slt cameras so your lenses will work fine. Tough decision. If I was shooting Sony and wanted to stay with them id consider some used models and stick with slr for now. You don't need the newest model for good pictures.

What lenses do you have ? If they're not real expensive you might consider jumping brands. But if you can find a good used A560 or 580 I think you'd be happy too. The A700 is a great camera but might be to big for you're hands. I have the 100 and love it.

There have been a few issues with sigma lenses but I have not heard of any issues with other lenses. The newer sigma HSM lenses work on everything except a77 and a65. I plan to get a a580. I have be told good things regarding it and the sensor used for it, same as the d7000, a55 and k-5. It does video but I hear the a55 does video better but a580 has better photo options. I have heard lots of horror stories about the a700 having crappy build and the aperture dial fruiting out. A friend told me about how he wore out two of those before he got his a900.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back