Need Tripod repair help

BlackKnight755

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all! This is my first post on the forum so if I am posting this in the wrong spot mods please move it to the correct place... Now for the delima, I have a Bogen 3046 tripod with a Manfrotto 501 head and I need a part for the legs but I am unable to find one. I could probably order the part from Italy but GEEZ, the shipping is awful! I need the part that goes from the center column to the legs that stabalizes the legs. It is a collar that goes around the center column and slides up and down when the legs are collapsed and has 6 flat pieces of metal, of which 2 go to each leg, connected to it. The flat pieces of metal are the problem. I am guessing that someone was attempting to collapse the legs and bent ALL the flat pieces and actuallu broke 4 of them.

The part number is Manfrotto # R028.25B /I am unable to locate the Bogen #. If anyone knows where I could find this part, or if you happen to have one please let me know. Thanks in advance, BK.

R028,25B. Bottom Casting, Black

I doubt the shipping would be that bad... but honestly, being that you need at least four, this part would be easy to fabricate and likely cheaper. If you have a sample, either just go to the hardware store and get similar-thickness aluminum and trace the existing part, cut out with a hack saw and drill, smooth over with a file. Or take it to a machine shop to use as a specimen.

Last edited:
A decent camera store that carries Bogen/Manfrotto should be able to order the part in for you.

yeah, reading over it again, to replace all four broken ones will cost you nearly as much as this tripod is worth. I'd say either DIY, have a machine shop do it for you, or just buy a used one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back