Need your opinion/advise

sashbar

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am going to redo this photo because of the blurred foreground so you could probably give me some advice how to improve on it and on the photo in general. Probably it could be done differently and better. It was shot at f /10 , 15 sec, 28 mm, ISO 100. I tried f/18 at 30 sec but it changed the perspective to the worse. So I will probably get a bit further back (there is not much space, about 2 steps to the wall behind my back) and use f /13 - f/14.
I see the blue spot on the left, hope to avoid it next time. Any adeas on improving on it and any critique are welcome. I will use the photo as an A4/A3 size wall pic. Thank you.
P.S. Also shot it with the tripod obviously and forgot to swith VR off :)

$RBridge for PF.jpg

Last edited:
The foreground is distracting, even if it were in focus. Move so it won't be included.

I'd be tempted to take a foot and push down the foliage temporarily (the tall one) on a re-shoot. Straighten the horizon (use the boat as a guide). I like the water texture.

OK, I thought this plant would give the photo a fresh look compared to millions of similar night bridge pictures. But with 3 solid votes against it, apparently it did not work at all. Point taken, the only problem is that the water behind the plant was not illuminated (no reflection on the water between those two columns) and there would be a large black spot on the foreground.

you could also try shooting a little earlier, say about a half hour after sunset, that way you would get a great deep blue colour in the sky rather then black.

you could also try shooting a little earlier, say about a half hour after sunset, that way you would get a great deep blue colour in the sky rather then black.

Yes, I thought about it. Thank you.
And your website gallery is just amazing. I love that Penticton BC dark 003 picture. May I ask you what time of day did you shoot it and what was the exposure? The colors are so rich. Have you used a dark filter?

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back