Neewer TTL Flash (warning: pixmedic Content)

Peeb

Semi-automatic Mediocrity Generator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As the proud Papa of a loving pre-owned Neewer speedlite 750ii (see this thread: *DONATING* TTL Flash for Nikon.), I unpacked by box of goodies today! Aside: pixmedic is awesome!

It was exceptionally well wrapped- and included a complimentary pixmedic towel:
IMG_2828_zpsygwuoqwi.jpg

I had been promised a ferret-preconditioned box, and pixmedic did not disappoint! Oh, and btw, pixmedic = awesome.

FullSizeRender%204_zps1exnmupt.jpg

Sable? Silver-mitt? Champagne? We can't be sure, but it was quality workmanship (or is that work-ferret-ship?). Have I mentioned that pixmedic is awesome?

Contents of the box:
IMG_2831_zpslzscv9cd.jpg

Mounted- front view:

FullSizeRender%205_zpsy08wocnt.jpg

And the fully operational death star, viewed from behind:

FullSizeRender%206_zpsqte0pdxl.jpg

Actual examples of pics from the camera with this fine flash to follow, but I wanted to share with you the arrival of this fine piece of kit, and thank pixmedic (and his bride) for their generosity.

BTW, I've 'paid it forward' by giving a little-used 18-55 nikkor to an aspiring young photographer, and encourage everyone else to do the same, to the extent their means allow!

That Awesome Pixmedic guy,That Awesome looking Flash and that Awesome Ferret.I would have been happy opening the box to find a ferret instead of the flash, He looks like my Bandit I had years ago.

I have NEVER tried a bounce flash, as I just did not 'trust' the tech.

It works great! Here's a pic that lighted straight-on would glare, but came out great bouncing off the ceiling with the new flash:
flashtest1_zpsfmukygqe.jpg

OK, I'll admit that I tried it first with another bookcase, and accidentally selfied myself:

flashtest2_zpszqq2czs8.jpg

(yeah, I'm rocking the white crew-neck like it's 1985 baby!).

Finally, my avatar muse begged that I stop playing around with the flash:
flashtest3_zpsfx9ujth0.jpg

And so I shall (for now); but she REALLY appreciated the indirect light from this flash. With the pop-up in-your-face flash I get one shot and then she's gone. This rig did not (overly) bother her.

BTW, the low-light focus assist light apparently only works in ap-s mode, but it's REALLY useful!

Having a blast with this!!

I want a flash but I look at pictures of some and feel intimidated of all the buttons and settings.Funny how a ton of buttons on a camera don't bother me but as many as there is on some flashes scare me.I guess its just because I don't know how to use one with the camera yet.

I want a flash but I look at pictures of some and feel intimidated of all the buttons and settings.Funny how a ton of buttons on a camera don't bother me but as many as there is on some flashes scare me.I guess its just because I don't know how to use one with the camera yet.
I felt much the same way, but if you set this flash on TTL and just mash the shutter, everything seems to come out fine!

Hey yeah! a selfie right in the middle of a Fiesta plate. Pixmedic is one good guy. Glad you're having fun with it Peeb and nice of you to pass it along.

Ohhh! Is that Feistaware I see?! Vintage??

PS. Picmedic IS awesome!!
Mrs. Peeb would be the expert on fiesta ware, but I'll wager you are correct!

Nice score Peeb!

If you want one of my homemade bounce cards, let me know! They are nicer than it sounds. In the spirit of Pixmedic it's yours for free and I will cover shipping (in US) PM me the addy if you're interested.

Here's what I'm talking about...

Homemade bounce card

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back