What's new

Neglected Basket

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After a couple landscape shots, I'm back to my usual subject: the sleepy, inanimate matter :lol:



Thanks for looking...
 
Last edited:
poor thing, it does look sad. someone should feed it.
 
Ha, yet another image I'm very proud of/happy with, but nobody else gives a crap about.
 
I like it. It looks like its sitting there just waiting for a kitten to climb into it. ;)
 
Ha! We replied to each other's thread at the exact same time :)

Thanks for your comment!
 
Poor basket. :( Someone should give the neglected thing a home!

It's a gorgeous photo. I am drawn to all of the texture and the way the light plays through from right to left. It gives it a place... does that make sense? I can imagine walking through a barn door and as the light moves in what fills the space is slowly revealed. I think this is mostly achieved in the photo by your choice to leave the top right of the frame very dark, and only allowing us to see the ends of the logs that hint at what's there.
 
The soft lighting on this is really nice, it's a good contrast in relation to the roughness of the textures. Great job!
 
Ha, yet another image I'm very proud of/happy with, but nobody else gives a crap about.

Ha, yet another image I'm very proud of/happy with, but nobody else gives a crap about.


Becuz yer not a part of "The Pact".......:er:


:er:indeed and a head shake.

and me saying it looked sad and that someone should feed it is me emotionally identifying with the shot... that means i give a crap:mrgreen:
 
Ha, yet another image I'm very proud of/happy with, but nobody else gives a crap about.
Becuz yer not a part of "The Pact".......:er:
But... but... I thought The Pact was about providing meaningful critique, not about neglecting neglected baskets :lol:

It's a gorgeous photo. I am drawn to all of the texture and the way the light plays through from right to left. It gives it a place... does that make sense? I can imagine walking through a barn door and as the light moves in what fills the space is slowly revealed. I think this is mostly achieved in the photo by your choice to leave the top right of the frame very dark, and only allowing us to see the ends of the logs that hint at what's there.
Thanks for taking the time to write all this about the poor basket. I shoot mostly with available light, so the decision to keep the background in the dark was made by the scene itself. I like the resulting play between light and shadow and how the light hitting from the side enhanced the textures.

and me saying it looked sad and that someone should feed it is me emotionally identifying with the shot... that means i give a crap:mrgreen:
And I'm glad you give a crap, you kept the thread alive. Thanks! :)

Thanks everybody for taking the time to comment.
 
I like the basket. There's something about the lighting though that doesn't sit with me. Too dark in the back ground.

The softness in the picture is good, but I feel wanting on the woodpile in the background.
 
Very Andrew Wyeth like. (That's a good thing).
 
I like the basket. There's something about the lighting though that doesn't sit with me. Too dark in the back ground.

The softness in the picture is good, but I feel wanting on the woodpile in the background.
Thanks, farmerj. I have another edit somewhere with a lighter background, but I preferred to keep the original. Just a matter of taste, I guess.

Welcome to the art world :lmao:

By the way, very nice picture. Makes me wish I was back in the country already. Darn, I can smell that barn.
Thanks, c.cloudwalker. This image was made in the backcountry, about 400km from my PC. I, too, would like to be there right now :lol:

Very Andrew Wyeth like. (That's a good thing).
Had to go and check the type of work Andrew Wyeth did. I'm flattered! Thanks very much!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom