1/15 Sec.
GF 80mm f/1.7 R WR
63mm Equivalent
NISI Black Mist Filter 1/8

(Processed In LR & PS)

Neo Classique Desiree.jpg

Cheers And Thanks For Looking,

Enezdez

@enezdez I'm not getting the title, explain please?

@enezdez I'm not getting the title, explain please?

@smoke665 It's a play on words, the car itself is a classic but it ain't no fancy automobile sort of speak...and I named the car Desiree...the name Desiree is another example of a play on words....Desire....echoing Stephen King's Christine.... lol

Cheers,

Enezdez

@smoke665 It's a play on words, the car itself is a classic but it ain't no fancy automobile sort of speak...and I named the car Desiree...the name Desiree is another example of a play on words....Desire....echoing Stephen King's Christine.... lol

Cheers,

Enezdez

"Neo" (a new and different form of something that existed in the past), and "Classique" ( noun meaning classic) I got that, but the Desiree was to far out there to tie in. I can't place the car, but i know its not a 1958 Plymouth Fury, (the car in "Christine"). What is the year and model of your car? Is it all original or modified - it makes a big difference to classic buffs.

For me titles are like adjectives to the image, windows that give the viewer a glimpse of whats inside.and searchable tag words in a digital database. When using quirky, glitzy, inneuendoes, inside jokes or words that mislead it's important to consider if your viewer will get it. Titles like other elements of a composition should lead the viewer to the focal point of the image, not make them pause.

As to the image I think the shot has potential, the composition and processing suit the image. However the pink sun added post in the background is a distraction that doesnt appeal to me. I've seen this image posted elsewhere without the pink blob and it's far superior. Like titles, colors and brightness are elements of a composition. In color theory warm is advance, cool retracts. IMO having an overly bright pink sun in the background overpowers the cool colors of the car in this case.

Finally I believe it's important to recognize that not every image requires post gimmicks to make it excel. A good composition SOOC that ticks all the boxes will hold its own with any composit.

Last edited:
Very nice shot! That car looks familiar. It's a mid-60's model, but I can't quite make out the name on the fender, and the S hood ornament is not familiar.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back