What's new

Neon Explosion

vegasvisionstudios

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 16, 2009
Messages
137
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last night I lead a workshop shooting the Vintage Neon lights of Las Vegas that remain in working condition in the East Fremont District of Downtown Las Vegas. About 15 of us hit the sidewalks, gutters, bridges and on occasion even the middle of the street as we invaded this 4 block area with tripod mounted cameras and shutter releases.

As I have personally shot this area on numerous occasion I started playing around and shifting / dragging focal length on long 8-15 second exposures taken from a bridge that crosses Fremont Street. The results were fun even if a bit abstract but it was nice to approach the same shots with different techniques. The class seemed to enjoy the diversion from the pursuit of perfect focus as well.

Here is an example of what was done. This is SOC with the exception of basic raw adjustments and a little bit of burn tool to close down the background shadows.
 

Attachments

  • $DSC_7158.webp
    $DSC_7158.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Very cool, love it! I think i'd crop some of the dark off the bottom though, and maybe just a bit off the sides.
 
Thanks, I rarely do any cropping until I am ready to print. I find it better to go into my print process with as much image available as possible and then crop to specific print sizes.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom