What's new

Nervous about lens order

edouble

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 24, 2009
Messages
740
Reaction score
17
Location
NEPA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday I bought a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX lens from TriState Camera. I received a UPS tracking email today saying that my lens will be here tomorrow (Great!). All though I had researched the lens vigorously I did not research TriState as much as I should have. That is highly unlike me, I hope that I get the lens I ordered! I had just now read horror stories about purchases from TriState, ugh. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Anybody purchase from TriState, good or bad?
 
So far so good. I am getting timely shipping. I did get the dreaded "phone call" today from a salesman. I thought he was going to tell me that the lens was out of stock when I called before I ordered to make sure that it was in stock. He asked what camera I had and if I wanted a UV filter. I told him Nikon and that I do not want a filter. End of conversation.
 
[...] End of conversation.
At least they didn't try to sell you the lens caps, hood, or other things that are supposed to come in the box.

The reviews on Reseller Ratings are hard to make sense of ... the score looks OK, and so do some of the reviews, but other reviews make them sound like a scam operation.

Sounds like everything will be fine for you though.
 
You're out of the danger zone now. One of their ploys is when you say no to unwanted accessories, the item is suddenly out of stock, but your credit card has already been charged. Eventually you get your product, but still, how childish.
 
I just don't know what to expect. If I would have done a thorough research on this company I would not have bought from them. I am staying optimistic that I will be reporting positive feedback from this purchase.

As described I should be getting a warranty card as well. So hopefully this isn't a grey market lens.
 
UPS delivered the lens yesterday. I had absolutely no problems with my order with TriState Camera!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom