Never seen this..

Joel Bolden

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been photographing Dragonflies for a lot of years, but this is the first time I've witnessed a Dragonfly menage a trois.....
_IMG7690.c.l.jpg

Obviously they are practicing for America's got Talent.

Nice shot. :encouragement:

Having a threesome lol

I think when it's mating season they go nuts and try it with anything.

I remember a nature program about damsel/dragonflies and one was laying eggs in the water from a lily pad.

However something had happened underwater out of sight as when she dragged herself forward her abdomen was missing!
Now she was just basically a front portion - this didnt stop all the males coming down and attaching like this to the dying body.

Great timing to grab this shot!

I remember a nature program about damsel/dragonflies and one was laying eggs in the water from a lily pad.

However something had happened underwater out of sight as when she dragged herself forward her abdomen was missing!
Now she was just basically a front portion - this didnt stop all the males coming down and attaching like this to the dying body.

Thanks. Every so often I get lucky. They were really darting around.

Being narrated by David Attenborough most likely...

Most reactions

Back