Never waist an image..!

Raincheck

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi forum,

I thought before I store all photos from that day and remove them from my internal drives I’ll do something to show them in one go.

First I divide the image up to 400 squares there are 5 levels sizes for each of the 400 squares, 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16 inch. One square can contain 256 of the smallest 1/16 cells to create a higher level of detail and so on. This photo of Jurgita contains 2304 cells and 23121 single elements, each single element needs to be color coordinated to fit the image. It’s taken 3 hours to render this Image, it looks good on a large screen but just acceptable on a smaller screen (tablet/mobile phone). The effect is almost lost when uploading to FB due to compression and size limits.

That’s why I’ve created a video of this still image starting zoomed in at 100% and slowly zooming out until you see the full image.
The best way of viewing all the 444 images used is to print it off on a large format 120 x 75 cm at 300 Dpi.

Set your YouTube player quality settings to: 1080p HD (even better when you watch it fullscreen)

And here the original photo:
$IMG_8545_JG.jpg

All 444 photos used where taking a the Back loft studio photo session last year together with Carrot Inc.

Pixel dimensions:
Width = 14208
Height = 8880
Print size:
Width = 120 cm
Height = 75 cm
Resolution = 300 DPi
File size = 90MB

Grtx Rain....

Last edited by a moderator:
watched the video. still waiting for the page to load is been about two minutes it think? lol
REALLY REALLY cool. Nice to see something different. worth all the work. excellent.

Hi thanks for the replies ...

Most reactions

Back