New actions used what do you think?

CCunningham

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got some new actions that I am pretty excited about and I added my own little flare. Please let me know what you think thank you:lovey:

blogspHW0A1319_color.jpg
moz-screenshot-2.jpg
moz-screenshot-2.jpg
moz-screenshot-4.jpg
moz-screenshot-3.jpg

blogspHW0A1298_color.jpg
moz-screenshot-3.jpg

blogspHW0A1104_bw.jpg

bogspHW0A1280_color.jpg

blogHW0A0601_COLO1R.jpg

you can view the rest on my blog http://blog.2020images.com/
moz-screenshot-3.jpg

you need to fix some of the links, but the ones that work look pretty nice to me!
what was the action set called, if you don't mind sharing? ;)

pretty nice, the guys skin looks a little muddy, but the girls is nice !!

I dont like the last one too much, the dress is just way too blown out for me,

But I like 1,2, and 4 a lot.

Whatever works for you, run with it. In general, though, I'm opposed to actions unless you're doing high throughput work. Your wedding clients are paying you A LOT of money to produce the best images of their wedding that you can. I feel that should mean custom work.

If someone paid you to clean their Ferrari, would you take it to a drive-through car wash?

Im sure actions of this caliber are fully adjustable. As long as you dont use them on all of the portraits im sure its a nice touch !!

"Whatever works for you, run with it. In general, though, I'm opposed to actions unless you're doing high throughput work. Your wedding clients are paying you A LOT of money to produce the best images of their wedding that you can. I feel that should mean custom work.

If someone paid you to clean their Ferrari, would you take it to a drive-through car wash?"

They are paying me alot of money. I am not just hitting play or running their photos "though the car wash". I am adjusting the actions, adding different ones from different action artist including myself. These actions were over 1K in total; a little Parker J, and little KK, a little totally rad" My clients choose me because I am full service. Because I do give them the normally edited photos and the artistic one. Because I approach their wedding as an artist event carefully coordinated with every detail, and tell a story they will share with their children and grand children. I not sure why anyone would be opposed to actions, the best of the best in our industry admittedly love actions, Jeccisa Clair, Becker, Mike Colon. I agree they can be over done, but used in moderation are a wonderful tool to enhance a stunning image!

I like these shots. I am just getting into a lot of actions myself just to see what is possible. They are great learning tools. I think that as long as you are running the actions to get some base processing down but in turn are spending due time customizing each image so that it looks the best that it can you're fine.

Nice work.

"Whatever works for you, run with it. In general, though, I'm opposed to actions unless you're doing high throughput work. Your wedding clients are paying you A LOT of money to produce the best images of their wedding that you can. I feel that should mean custom work.

If someone paid you to clean their Ferrari, would you take it to a drive-through car wash?"

They are paying me alot of money. I am not just hitting play or running their photos "though the car wash". I am adjusting the actions, adding different ones from different action artist including myself. These actions were over 1K in total; a little Pisher, and little KK, a little totally rad" My clients choose me because I am full service. Because I do give them the normally edited photos and the artistic one. Because I approach their wedding as an artist event carefully coordinated with every detail, and tell a story they will share with their children and grand children. I not sure why anyone would be opposed to actions, the best of the best in our industry admittedly love actions, Jeccisa Clair, Becker, Mike Colon. I agree they can be over done, but used in moderation are a wonderful tool to enhance a stunning image!

I never said the shots were over done. All I said was that I personally feel the work should be custom. It's good that you maintain control of your workflow by editing them. I am curious, though, why you thought a set of actions was worth 1k?

Edit: or by "1k" did you mean 1000 different actions?

Actions are a hugely powerful part of PS. I couldn't even attempt to deal with our client load without them. However, I understand what you mean by buying actions other people have done. Almost all ours are created by us. It is amazing how someone can fiddle with PS for awhile, make a bunch of actions and sell them to the less proficient for $thousands.

"I am curious, though, why you thought a set of actions was worth 1k?

Edit: or by "1k" did you mean 1000 different actions?"

They were over a $1000.00 and actually got some cheaper than what they would have cost because I found some on ebay.

the Parker J's were over 649.00
here is a cool video on them http://www.parkerjphoto.com/pjddrv2/

kevin kubota complete set retail for 330.00 but I fond them on ebay for 199.00 and then I had to have totally rad. and they were 199.00

I think they save me so much time. I mix them and match them and create so many more new effects.

I already have too many cameras, more lens than I bring, so I invested in these, they are a tax right off so why not :)

Most reactions

Back